cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System issue/ Problème du système

wildman21
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

On my account for 8th April there is an entry in my account for System issue/ Problème du système a credit was applied and then my account was charged $30 for services

I did not want my account to be renewed as I am currently in Australia

How has this happened and why?

10 REPLIES 10

@wildman21 wrote:

That is my question

I was leaving the country the following day so didnt want to renew

A credit apperared then went straight out again in services that I did not request sucking up the credit

I will be back end of next month

2019-04-30_1423.png

This is for service that was free, so it might just be eaiser to just ignore the plan renewal. If it's a matter of you don't want people calling this phone number any longer, you can advise people you are in close contact with of that.  You can certainly ask for the moderators to see if they can just outright cancel the service, but their answer might just be for you to let the account expire on its own (if you have no intention of ever using the service again).

Since you say you are coming back in about a month, do you wish to continue using Public Mobile service at that time?  Unfortunately, when there is sufficient balance in the account, any plan will renew by itself. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@wildman21 wrote:

I used a credit card as a one off payment as I knew I was leaving the country and did not want to setup Autopay as I didnt want to pay while I was away

If it has renewed using that credit card then it has done it unauthorised

This is what I see in payment. It is asking me to sign up for autopay so I assume that there is no autpay set up? 

You would know if anything hit your credit card. It shouldn't have. If it hasn't then in your situation I would just leave it be and carry on with your travels. You have a new 90 day timer starting from May 8th or thereabouts.

Sorry for my confusion @wildman21 ,I wasn't aware of this credit before. I was thinking your cc had to be on file.

Follow the advise from @Anonymous and see if you can't get that System Issue credit reapplied when you get back. It can't hurt to ask, huh.

Good luck

wildman21

I used a credit card as a one off payment as I knew I was leaving the country and did not want to setup Autopay as I didnt want to pay while I was away

If it has renewed using that credit card then it has done it unauthorised

This is what I see in payment. It is asking me to sign up for autopay so I assume that there is no autpay set up? 

2019-04-30_1432.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@wildman21 wrote:

On my account for 8th April there is an entry in my account for System issue/ Problème du système a credit was applied and then my account was charged $30 for services

I think you got inadvertently caught up in a large system problem that happened around then. They did something for your benefit but it turned out you didn't really want it.

I would suggest sending a private message to the @Moderator_Team (< Click this) and thank them but to return it as a credit on your account and leave the service suspended. Although maybe you're not really entitled to the credit anyway. Or just leave it and let your service expire again and you get another 90 days.

Remember the 90 days or you lose it all anyway.

wildman21

That is my question

I was leaving the country the following day so didnt want to renew

A credit apperared then went straight out again in services that I did not request sucking up the credit

I will be back end of next month

2019-04-30_1423.png

@wildman21 wrote:

To me, this sounds as if you were given a free account credit.  Is this correct? Is the issue that this caused you to have enough fund for your plan to renew when you didn't want it to, and thus, some account balance before this "system credit" was desposited got used up?

How were you charged if you don't have a cc on file ? As you know PM is a pre-paid service...if you don't pre-pay,...you don't have service. Are you positive your cc isn't ion file with autopay ?

wildman21

I dont have a credit card set up for Auto Pay

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@wildman21 wrote:

Did you remove your credit card from autopay ? Remove the cc and let your plan expire. After 90 days the plan will close, you'll lose the number permanantly and you'll have to get a new sim when you get back to Canada.

Need Help? Let's chat.