cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching to koodo

Canadiankid
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just got this: 

Switch to a monthly plan with our sister-brand, Koodo, and get 4GB of data on Canada's fastest 4G LTE network and unlimited CANADA-WIDE talk and text for ONLY $40 per month! Plus, you may be eligible for a $0 phone with the Koodo Tab! Redeem online at https://Koo.do/choosekoodo or at your nearest Koodo location by using promo code JOINKOODO####.  Offer ends July 31, 2018. You're included on the list for Public Mobile offers and deals. To be excluded, reply unsubscribe. Conditions apply.

Wondering if this is their best offer or only offer? I have been with public for less than a month *(I am on the 4.5g for $40 a month plan -$2 for monthly and another $1 for refer a friend). The koodo deal has LTE that I don't really care about and the possibility of a discounted phone. Anyone got details on the phone discount? If I don't take this offer will koodo keep sending me more offers? Thanks for your help.

13 REPLIES 13

@lemoncorabill credit was only to 90 day plans

New plans are all 30 day hence no need for credit

@lemoncora wrote:

They offered on top a $100 credit in a previous promo

ckl
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@youbmeAlso some people can't get on Koodo because of a credit check.

I almost went to Koodo for the $40/6GB + $100 promo, but couldn't get past the "emergency phone number" required for a credit check. I have very good credit but it's just a matter of principle that I do not give out other people's phone numbers for any reason. Besides, what's going to happen to me during a credit check that requires an emergency phone number? I don't remember giving out a phone number during Wind Mobile's credit check process...

Canadiankid
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I agree 100%. The only thing koodo has is the LTE and a tab for a phone. As of now I get an extra .5g of data at $3 cheaper per month. I think I will stay for now. It is curious how telus uses public mobile to recruit customers for koodo.

youbme
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Canadiankid, there are certainly a number of variables to consider. Koodo offers (and others) are attractive if the following applies to you:

You need a new phone and prefer to pay it off over time.

You need the fastest data speeds available.

You haven't accumulated very many rewards with PM and don't plan to in the future.

Every time I'm tempted by a shiny new plan, I consider the above and realise that I'm quite content with Public Mobile...but only time will tell if that continues to be the case.

Acekiller

Didn't get the offer this time... i wonder why?

@lemoncora wrote:

The new offer does not give any credit because it is being offered to those on the 30 days plan ($40/4.5GB). The previous offer with $100 credit was for 90 days plans and so the credit were given to adjust the prepaid time. 

Many different variations will come every now and then. Keep your eye out.

lemoncora
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Canadiankid, hold out for a better deal.  It worked back in February.

@Michael77 wrote:

Lucky Mobile (Bell) is offering 4.5 gigs for $40. You get $5/mo for 8 months with Auto Top-Up. This is a Canadawide plan with no zones. They copied PM.

PM copied Lucky or Chatr Smiley Wink

Michael77

Lucky Mobile (Bell) is offering 4.5 gigs for $40. You get $5/mo for 8 months with Auto Top-Up. This is a Canadawide plan with no zones. They copied PM.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

To see if you are qualified for the $40/6GB offer use this promo code (JOINKOODO5406) and use your number as a verification code. This i believe is the best offer you will get from koodo.  

JDT
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Apparently some people are being offered $40/6GB!

Need Help? Let's chat.