cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching to Koodo for a monthly plan

More_Chaos
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi guys,

Did anyone receive a text from PM today or recently asking them to take advantage of a limited time offer to switch to Koodo to receive the same plan, but receive a monthly bill?

Just wondering what's going on, and what incentive I have to do this. Aside from monthly billing and keeping the same monthly rate, I don't actually have any advantage. In fact, there is no mention that I would continue to have my monthly automatic payment discount, nor my loyalty or referral discounts either...

40 REPLIES 40

xkey
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Looks like it's $40 a month ($5 cheaper then their regular plan) plus $25 off for four months ($100 billing discount). It can only be used with their Small Tab plans, so no good discounts on new phones. Does come with canada-wide calling instead of province only.

I guess it's technically better then the $120/3 month plan (which is probably the plan used to send out these promo texts) if you have no loyalty/auto-play/referral discounts. But otherwise, doesn't seem to be any reason to switch.

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

wrote:

I got the same message as well.

It only states I can get the same price I'm paying right now, which is $120 per 3 months with 6gb in total and unlimit mins/sms, with no mention of loyalty and autopay discount. 

Also, I called koodo just now and was told there's no special offer for PM client. What they can offer is just $45/month with 2gb data and unlimit mins/sms and is available for everyone. So, really don't see the points to move.

Jason

This $45/2gig offer is on the Koodo site.  Fido is offering the same plan.  I am sure Virgin will follow.

Raven_Jet
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I'm hearing a lot of this and let me tell you all. PM if it works for you. Stick with it. You will lose what we have if your plan goes to Koodo. 

I want to keep my 3 month bucket!

More_Chaos

@Tigerheron

I got the 400 international minutes for $15 when I signed up for my account last year, and I've used 3 minutes, so Canada wide calling is a no - issue for me. The only time I call out-of-province is when I'm actually out-of-province, and it'll likelihood be local calling.

@jasonhjia

Yeah, I checked out Koodo's site too, and saw the $45 plan, didn't attempt to add to cart and such to see if I could enter my number as a promo code though. The $100 discount is only for getting a new phone I believe, which I don't want (I just got mine end of November and I still love it).

closng
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I have not received such offer but I have read of a few users getting the offers in the past. Looks like Public Mobile/Koodo is rolling out another wave of text messages to convert users to Koodo.

As far as I'm aware, your current rewards/referral credits will not carry over to Koodo and in the past, the new plans with Koodo were more expensive with more data.

jasonhjia
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

on well, to be fair, it also mentioned $100 bill discount.

Tigerheron

The only advantage to me would be to replace Ontario-only free calling with Canada-wide free calling. Is this worth the extra $7 a month that it would cost me?  Um, have you ever heard of Viber?  Unless I was spending hours a month calling Canada outside of Ontario, it's not worth it.  

Also, if Koodo could guarantee that I could use the phone for about 10 km into Detroit, as shown on their maps, then I'd make the switch.  But Public Mobile uses the same map, and my signal only goes about 1 km into Detroit at the best of times.

jasonhjia

I got the same message as well.

It only states I can get the same price I'm paying right now, which is $120 per 3 months with 6gb in total and unlimit mins/sms, with no mention of loyalty and autopay discount. 

Also, I called koodo just now and was told there's no special offer for PM client. What they can offer is just $45/month with 2gb data and unlimit mins/sms and is available for everyone. So, really don't see the points to move.

Jason

More_Chaos

Yeah, I was searching the community to see if anyone else got this offer recently, but no luck. I'm not a legacy or pioneer member. My plan was stopped last fall I think shortly after they started offering the 3G vs 4G plans (it now costs $45 for the same thing, I have the 2Gb/month for $40 [4G] with 90-day subscription). But I've had it for a year and I have autopayments and one referral, so I actually only pay $36/month (plus whatever community rewards I might get). So I don't even know why PM would offer me such an "offer" ...

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

By the sounds of it, you're not a Legacy or Pioneer, so currently, I'm unaware of any offers for those on reward eligable plans being sent out.... you might?? be the first.

A time or 2 in 2017, some reward eligable plans were getting offers that were legit.

Need Help? Let's chat.