cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switched to Koodo last week for the $40/4gb plan..advice on getting the $40/5gb plan now??

Heyadambrewsmit
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So, I signed up for the Koodo $40 for 4gb plan for my wife and kid last week, after getting the message. Now that people are getting 5gb for $40 for making the switch, I feel a little cheesed. I am wondering if there's anything I can do to get the 5gb deal. I was at Koodo today and the CSR said that I needed to get escalated and a text from Public Mobile with the new offer code on it. Any ideas on how I can get this?

Thanks,

Adam

26 REPLIES 26

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@themisfitwrote:

Last day to get the $50 referral bonus.

Please stop posting referral links, I edited this post.

Rockdaddy22

@angelasegwrote:

If you need a referral use the following link and get $50 when you move over to koodo

Please stop posting referral links, I edited this post. 

themisfit
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Last day to get the $50 referral bonus.

angelaseg

If you need a referral use the following link and get $50 when you move over to koodo

Hunkeh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I switched earlier to Koodo on Feb 17 for the $40/4gb plan and found out about the $40/5gb plan yesterday from reading the Community here. I went a Koodo store yesterday and the guy told me it was almost impossible to upgrade the plan. Of course I didn't stop there and I called the Koodo Customer Service Centre by dialling 611 on my phone. After about 45 minutes of being on hold, the representative told me I was eligible for the upgrade and was able to do the changes for me.

Good luck guys!

Rockdaddy22

Please stop posting referral links, I edited the post above. 

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

stop posting referral links!!

kentnleung

Usr this referral link to get the $50 credit when you migrate to koodo from PM!

Remember  : complete step below before opening koodo line!

@Heyadambrewsmitwrote:

So, to follow up, I spent 1.5hrs on the phone with Koodo last night, and after some push back, was able to get upgraded to the 5gb plan.  Thanks again for everyones help and input!

Sadly, this is a total needless waste of 1.5 hours of your valuable time.  This tape is being played it over and over for other customers as well.  If the intent was to sweeten the offer, why not announce it officially and get some brownie points for doing a good thing.  Down the road when we look back at the continual fiasco, all we will remember is a huge battle was required to complete a migration that they wanted customers to do in the first place. 

Watoko

@Heyadambrewsmit

Congrats, enjoy!

Heyadambrewsmit

So, to follow up, I spent 1.5hrs on the phone with Koodo last night, and after some push back, was able to get upgraded to the 5gb plan.  Thanks again for everyones help and input!

ToniCipriani
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ricebowlwrote:

As I just pay the 90 days renewal mid-Feb, as Koodo/PB wants the existing to move to the Koodo $40/5GB (same company under Telus).  How you will refund or transfer my leftover balanace to the new Koodo accounts ?

Technically you have nothing to transfer. Your credit card is debited at the time of renewal, for the whole 90-day period. Notice how your account is always showing $0.

Now if you previously loaded the account with prepaid vouchers, THAT can be transferred as it is actually unused balance. But if you already purchased plans, addons, that's spent money and won't get refunded when you close the account.

@ricebowlwrote:

As I just pay the 90 days renewal mid-Feb, as Koodo/PB wants the existing to move to the Koodo $40/5GB (same company under Telus).  How you will refund or transfer my leftover balanace to the new Koodo accounts ?

They won't and that is why they are offering the $100 credit.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

ricebowl
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Watoko

Stop spamming the threads with your referral code please. Your link literally has nothing to do with the question.

zzzz24

jtm02

I signed up with Koodo last week. They kept saying their system wasn't able to make the change as it needed to be a Public Mobile phone number. After calling about 3 times, they added a 1GB bonus for 3 months, then I got it changed to a permanent bonus. 

@PhoneSeekerwrote:

@will13amwrote:

I reached out to both Koodo and Telus concerning the migration and I was called back in both cases and I had fruitful discussions with customer service reps.

Anything insightful to share? Cat Happy

Nothing that hasn't been over discussed here and RFD.  I get the reassurance that I heard it from the "horse's mouth".

PhoneSeeker

@will13amwrote:

I reached out to both Koodo and Telus concerning the migration and I was called back in both cases and I had fruitful discussions with customer service reps.

Anything insightful to share? Cat Happy

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Heyadambrewsmit, even though you migrated ahead of the improved offer, you deserve and should be able to have your plan upgraded.  I would suggest that you escalate your case up the line, up to and including contacting Telus.  I reached out to both Koodo and Telus concerning the migration and I was called back in both cases and I had fruitful discussions with customer service reps.

themisfit

I orignally switched to the 4GB plan. I called in when I saw this new deal and asked them to change me to the new 5GB plan. I let them know the GOKOOD405GBBPO code and they easlily changed me over. I also asked for a credit for the Sim card they said they couldn't I told them I had a code PM-SIM-0 and they added that credit as well.

fanfan

I agree with previous poster.  Best option is to call at least a few times and maybe you will get a more helpful customer service rep.  The only issue is when they type notes in your account and when all the CSR's stick up for one another and then all of them will reject your request.

PhoneSeeker

@Heyadambrewsmitwrote:

I can try again, with another csr and see what happens, though.

Try a different CSR, there are a few of them around willing to push customers through without a fuss. 

It seems strange to me that there's no internal channel for Telus-Koodo-PM employees to intercommunicate.  I can understand not every random Koodo rep is going to have instant access to information, layers of authorization, etc, but still it should be something that Koodo can handle entirely on their end (even if they have to get back to you a day or two later to report results).

Heyadambrewsmit

When I was in the store, the csr said that I needed to be given the code from Public Mobile and that I should call them....which is a problem due to the fact that there isnt a phone number for Public Mobile customer service, that I know of.  He essentially said that I needed them to text me the code.   I can try again, with another csr and see what happens, though.

themisfit

I was able to switch from the 4 GB plan to the 5 GB plan just give them the promo code GOKOODO405GBBPO.

PM me if you would like a referral code as well .

Need Help? Let's chat.