cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switched from Telus - couldn't be happier. Anyone else?

markmyles
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So I realize that Public Mobile is a subsidiary of Telus, but switching from Telus to Public Mobile was the best decision I've made in a long time.

Instead of paying minimum $75/mo, I'm now paying $25/mo!

Plus the whole Rewards system is genius.

I had 5 phones on a family plan with Telus and would sometimes pay of $400/mo. Now I'm paying $25 x 5 = $125!

I'm getting rewards too for signing up 4 other phones to the Public Mobile service provider and using my referral code. Plus they get a reward for using it too!

Granted, you have to bring your own device, but even at that, no other service provider can get close to $25/mo on a bring your own device plan. Besides you can find great refurbished phones out there at Best Buy or other places that are basically a brand new phone.

Keep up the good work, Public Mobile.

Anyone else?

Mark - a happy new Public Mobile user.

20 REPLIES 20

Spike77

I  pretty sure she was f rom Calgary 

iPhoneUser
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Spike77 wrote:

I had the exact same experience with telus.  4 lines 350$ month.  When I cancelled telus they tried everything to keep me   When I explained public mobiles prices and told them they were like they never heard of public mobile.  Good ridence to telus 

Were you talking to Telus, India, Guatemala or Philippines? Just a tip, ask what country you have called and ask to be put back to Canada. I can tell you just with technical issues, the Philippines assistance  is hopeless. And when you figure you wait for up to an hour to talk and the issue is not fixed.......is bad service. Telus is a good company but third party installation and customer service is what destroys their image. 

Gwenel

Wow. I am impressed. Definitely worth the effort

Spike77

I had the exact same experience with telus.  4 lines 350$ month.  When I cancelled telus they tried everything to keep me   When I explained public mobiles prices and told them they were like they never heard of public mobile.  Good ridence to telus 

SpawDogz

Shows you that staff mean more than a name. Doesn't matter who owns it... matters who operates it and I agree Public Mobile rocks Telus!

Gwenel

Great plan.  Hope it is as easy for you as it was for me.  Quick trip into London Drugs and voila, freedom.

Jenni
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Planning on moving all our phones over to public mobile as soon as our contract with Rogers is over ☺️

Gwenel

Switched from Fido.  Was on my daughter's plan.  Now have everything I need and starting out as $23 a month.  Great service.  Loving the change.

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

We are all happier here. Our bank accounts have a few pennies more in it . Well in your case @markmyles  $. 👍

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@markmyles , welcome to Public Mobile.  We are all here to save.  

markmyles

@kselmak wrote:

@markmyles 

Is there a reason you are not paying $23 for those plans, autopay also doubles your data.

I am getting a discount for auto pay plus the referral discount.

One more thing, could you please edit the link with your referral code, it's against policy to post it on the community, they may take down your post.

Done.

Thanks!

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@markmyles 

Is there a reason you are not paying $23 for those plans, autopay also doubles your data. As many have pointed out you don't have to use autopay to get the rewards, just register that's all. People have reported using one card on 5 different accounts with no issues.

One more thing, could you please edit the link with your referral code, it's against policy to post it on the community, they may take down your post. There is public mobile subreddit with referral code sharing bot.

Welcome to public mobile

iPhoneUser

I was with Telus for 15 years and wife was with Telus for 20. Not planning on going back. PM is too good!

silentstorm
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey,

That is great to hear and congratz on the substantial amount of savings.

I recently switched from Rogers as well, and I have been much happier with their service so far. The best thing is the Rewards system Public has going on. Just brilliant idea in my opinion.

markmyles

@iPhoneUser wrote:

Ahem! $25 x 5 = $125.....I just saved you another $125😀

LOL. Whoops! Thanks. Will edit.

Marc

`` using my referal code. '' With the direct link to the registration form lol

farmbot

I was Telus prepaid for 10+ years BYOD. Logical move to Public Mobile 1 Year ago to gain Data and rewards. Online community is Treasure chest of help. Best Mvno in Canada.

Very Happy 

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂.

You're actually saving more if you add autopay to each account for $2 reward every 30 days brings it to $23.

Then add the referral reward $1 of per 30 days for the person that did the referring plus $10 bonus who person who was referred.

iPhoneUser

I had 5 phones on a family plan with Telus and would sometimes pay of $400/mo. Now I'm paying $25 x 5 = $250!

Ahem! $25 x 5 = $125.....I just saved you another $125😀

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@markmyles wrote:

So I realize that Public Mobile is a subsidiary of Telus, but switching from Telus to Public Mobile was the best decision I've made in a long time.

Instead of paying minimum $75/mo, I'm now paying $25/mo!

Plus the whole Rewards system is genius.

I had 5 phones on a family plan with Telus and would sometimes pay of $400/mo. Now I'm paying $25 x 5 = $250!

I'm getting rewards too for signing up 4 other phones to the Public Mobile service provider and using my referal code. Plus they get a reward for using it too!

Granted, you have to bring your own device, but even at that, no other service provider can get close to $25/mo on a bring your own device plan. Besides you can find great refurbished phones out there at Best Buy or other places that are basically a brand new phone.

Keep up the good work, Public Mobile.

Anyone else?

Mark - a happy new Public Mobile user.

Welcome to PM! Yes, the reward system here is awesome, and you can save a lot in comparison with other providers.Smiley Happy

Need Help? Let's chat.