cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Survey] PM MOD response time

hzmy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi all,

I have created a survey on the PM response time via SurveyMonkey.

Feel free to responde to the survey. I will share the result out when possible.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/6J63KL2

9 REPLIES 9

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ShawnC13 lol, I here ya.  Unless PM presents you with an offer you can't refuse, lol Smiley Very Happy

hzmy

@dna2016 wrote:

@ShawnC13 agree.  Many times I'm sure MODS are going through useless requests because people are just typing in the "@ MODS" address for non-MOD issues.  And that will definitely create slower responses for those who truly have MOD required issues.  

Although this survey isn't a bad idea to get some stats (as long as there is a large enough sample size responses), however we all know there are only 3 ways to fix the wait times.

1)  Hire more MODS (but that increases company expense and we the customers will loss out on those nice rewards, or the rewards will be reduced)

2) Give Oracles MOD like abilities (but then basically you'll need to pay the Oracles, which is basically like hiring, and again we the customers will have to give up on some of the rewards or reward amounts

3) Train/educate customers on what are true MOD related issues to reduce the unnecessary requests that contributes to the backlog (however we all know there will always be those bad apples that will disregard the directions given, or brand new customers who are not completely aware of how things work)

I know regarding my first 2 points people will say PM can afford to hire a few more people since Oracles are doing a lot of work and saving the company a crap load, but at the end of the day an expense is an expense, and hiring someone part-time or full-time costs more than just their hourly rate.  Argument is how much money is PM losing by not hiring more MODS due to customer dissatisfaction from wait times.  Not sure if stats like these are being tracked, but so far, it looks like PM is ok with the results. 

I think what they can do is, upon people opening up a new thread for questions, issues, system can open a vote, on if this thread requires MOD's help. Say more than 3 people thinks this items requires MOD's help. Or the other way is a senior member review the thread, and mark the thread as MOD's attention required. Using group power to filter out the garbage requests or basic requests.

After that, the user can send the MOD a private message, attach the thread of discussion, and the MOD can know the context more. And also, these request can be prioritized because it has been discussed with multiple people, and no one can solve the issue.

If the thread is not marked as MOD's attention is required, the community will try to solve the issue on their own.

@dna2016, in regards to number 2 and giving Oracles more mod abilities there really isn't much more we can do because of privacy issues and access to personal information and credit card info.  That all has to be done by the employees and I have a much better paying day job than what PM can offer me lol

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ShawnC13 agree.  Many times I'm sure MODS are going through useless requests because people are just typing in the "@ MODS" address for non-MOD issues.  And that will definitely create slower responses for those who truly have MOD required issues.  

Although this survey isn't a bad idea to get some stats (as long as there is a large enough sample size responses), however we all know there are only 3 ways to fix the wait times.

1)  Hire more MODS (but that increases company expense and we the customers will loss out on those nice rewards, or the rewards will be reduced)

2) Give Oracles MOD like abilities (but then basically you'll need to pay the Oracles, which is basically like hiring, and again we the customers will have to give up on some of the rewards or reward amounts

3) Train/educate customers on what are true MOD related issues to reduce the unnecessary requests that contributes to the backlog (however we all know there will always be those bad apples that will disregard the directions given, or brand new customers who are not completely aware of how things work)

I know regarding my first 2 points people will say PM can afford to hire a few more people since Oracles are doing a lot of work and saving the company a crap load, but at the end of the day an expense is an expense, and hiring someone part-time or full-time costs more than just their hourly rate.  Argument is how much money is PM losing by not hiring more MODS due to customer dissatisfaction from wait times.  Not sure if stats like these are being tracked, but so far, it looks like PM is ok with the results. 

donaldblair
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Good luck: I submitted a response. Good on you for doing this. 

@hzmy wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@hzmy, the response time is dynamic.  It might be 3 day response time today and it could be 2 day response time later in the week.  The situation is so fluid that it is hard to track.  The best a survey would do is provide a range of response times. 

These are the options I am providing now.

6. How long does it take MOD to fix your issue when they started?

< half a day

< 1 day

1 - 2 days

2 - 3 days

3 - 4 days

4 - 5 days

5 - 7 days

> 7 days

Regarding to the timing, there are two things I concern.

One is the intial response time, which is how long does it take for the PM to act upon your request.

The other one is how long does it take to solve the issue.

Two different timing.

We need another survey to see whether the issue was a PM issue or user input issue or Previous provider issue as well.  But no one would answer it if it was user error.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Wish you luck with survey, but don't think you will get much useful info, as this thread will be lost behind the many topics and replies that are posted daily, unless you keep bumping it up.

A while back I created a thread asking  people to post actual reply times, but with few replies that got buirred as well.

hzmy

@will13am wrote:

@hzmy, the response time is dynamic.  It might be 3 day response time today and it could be 2 day response time later in the week.  The situation is so fluid that it is hard to track.  The best a survey would do is provide a range of response times. 

These are the options I am providing now.

6. How long does it take MOD to fix your issue when they started?

< half a day

< 1 day

1 - 2 days

2 - 3 days

3 - 4 days

4 - 5 days

5 - 7 days

> 7 days

Regarding to the timing, there are two things I concern.

One is the intial response time, which is how long does it take for the PM to act upon your request.

The other one is how long does it take to solve the issue.

Two different timing.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Need Help? Let's chat.