Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions for the Public Mobile Community Team

DinoFlint
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hello the Public Mobile Community Team,

[1] The forum sofware itself may need a bit of polishing

[2] Please, start a "what to do" in common cases, like in any major tech sites, then leave the rest for the forum participants

[3] Also, is important to know the common settings, network bands, phones compatible with the network, network outrages, so on, and that in real time

4 REPLIES 4

@darlicious , as usual you don't disappoint with a huge dissertation.  I will say that there are items which I agree with and some which I don't.  I won't engage in debate here.  The feedback process is very timely to this topic.  Let that outcome guide the future path.  The community forum is for the benefit of the customer.  

@will13am  I think its important to consider that public mobile wants to create a social element but there is also a need for it. With many members regularly on the community the social element is already there. So often an OP posts and disappears and the helping members end up socializing awaiting a possible response. Alternatively one comment can turn the direction of a thread off on a tangent by no ones real fault it's the nature of the beast.

As an Oracle I'm sure there are great discussions on this matter....and how to handle them Sometimes it's a reprimand or a disapproving tone, or they are quietly and professionally separated and moved to the appropriate section (more often than not the lounge). Other times they are completely left alone or a combination of poor separation, communication and loss of context.

It would be nice if somehow a parallel thread could be created that kept the thread and help there in for the OP on topic but allowed social side created by the thread to stay with it and in context.  Like two colour choices green for serious help suggestions and orange for social commentary. Part of what makes the community so welcoming and enjoyable is the lightheartedness while solving problems. Were not at our jobs working (thats the mods job) were out at a lounge relaxing but brainstorming and giving good advice.

The two aspects need to be separate but together at the same time and not necessarily banished to the lounge with nary a notification or pop up to indicate anything is happening in there. It would also make it easier to separate social bravos from helping out bravos for more equitable community reward rankings. As it stands now many social bravos count but 8 members decide which ones do or don't. (Consciously or not and rarely by all 8 oracles mostly 2 or 3.)

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@DinoFlint , thank you for your input.  I am off like mind here.  There's something missing where customers are steered to asking the community too quickly.  Given the maturity of the service, there's almost no issue that is totally brand new.  That said, there's an intangible at play here.  Public Mobile is interested in creating a social element in the community forum.  It is supposed to be secondary to getting help and should not interfere with help.  

Changes to the community are afoot.  Public Mobile is asking for customer feedback.  I hope you have time to complete the survey.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@DinoFlint wrote:

Hello the Public Mobile Community Team,

[1] The forum sofware itself may need a bit of polishing

[2] Please, start a "what to do" in common cases, like in any major tech sites, then leave the rest for the forum participants

[3] Also, is important to know the common settings, network bands, phones compatible with the network, network outrages, so on, and that in real time

1- Agree in some ways but it's a forum software powered by Khoros so not much they can do about changing things.

It does it's purpose.

2- there is a help article section. Is this what you are talking about?

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles

3- There is a place to check phone compatibility.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-started

Need Help? Let's chat.