cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion for Account Page

Rascal
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I would like to suggest that PM add some useful information to the account page. On my other cell phone plans, I was able to see when my usage occured. That was helpful to me to determine if I was overusing my data on certain days, making too many calls, etc. When I go to usage on PM, all I can see is how much I have used and how much is remaining. More information would be useful to me. Does anyone else think that would be a good idea?

9 REPLIES 9

@Chanah wrote:

I'd like to see the amount of tax due on the bill, as well!

@ChanahI do find it odd that the taxes are not shown everywhere. I know taxes are being charged but your request is reasonable in my eyes.

@Chanah, there is no bill.  This isn't a postpaid service.

Taxes are charged at the time of service.  If you want a receipt listing the taxes, pay by voucher at any retailer who sells Public Mobile vouchers.

Chanah

I'd like to see the amount of tax due on the bill, as well!

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Rascal wrote:

I would like to suggest that PM add some useful information to the account page. On my other cell phone plans, I was able to see when my usage occured. That was helpful to me to determine if I was overusing my data on certain days, making too many calls, etc. When I go to usage on PM, all I can see is how much I have used and how much is remaining. More information would be useful to me. Does anyone else think that would be a good idea?

To address the data part of your issue, you could install the app called My Data Manager.. It will average your data out over 30 (or 90 depending on your plan choice) days, and show you how much you can use that day. Obviously you aren't limited to the days usage, but nevertheless, it will give you a good indication if you are using too much data daily to have data left toward the end of your plan. You can also use it to track which apps are using how much data. Great app.

EDIT: Forgot to add, it will also track the number of text messages sent.

GC

Rascal

Thanks everyone! Seems like a bit of work to uncover usage, but I guess that's not a game changer. I just think it could be streamlined.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Rascal

You can only put so much information in 1 page.  If you want detailed usage information, you can use the "View My Usage" link from the overview page.

If you plan does not have unlimited minutes/texts/data, your overview page also showing you the amount you have use in your current cycle.  You need to use the "View My Usage" link to get the detailed usage.

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

@Rascal

History exists but it is a mess to say the least

They talked about this lots of times and powers that be aren't going to change it anytime soon

If you download (copy) the data you can manipulate it in Excel far easier than reading online

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@Rascal, usage history is listed in the Plans & Addons tab.  It will give you twice a day reporting on data, and each text or call detail.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Rascal wrote:

@RascalI do not disagree with you (edit to make the usage history system easier to read/manage). But you can go here https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/call-history/ and look at each days data usage, it will show data as well as texts and calls, its a little bit of effort on your part, but all the information is there.

Also there are many apps you can download to track this on your phone, they may not be 100% accurate but they are close enough to do what you are looking for

Need Help? Let's chat.