cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion - Spell Check

mojorising
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey, Public Mobile.

A feature suggestion for this community....Spell check!

Please! LOL

16 REPLIES 16

I've been here 3 years now, and have never noticed that ABC button!  Thanks for the heads up @GinYVR.

I prefer the Grammarly option on the browser interface on a desktop computer.  It does more than spell checks and allows me to become a better writer.

MandyJ
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@GinYVR wrote:

@JackQuintI think it is more of an issue for people on smaller device like phones / tablets.. as most desktop browsers has spell check.. heck even on the desktop Lithium interface

Screen Shot 2019-06-24 at 6.29.13 PM.png

Wow, I didn't even notice that ABC spell checker thing! Thanks for pointing that out! My world suddenly makes sense again! 

CellGirl

we dont need any frikin spel chek

JackQuint

@GinYVR Grammarly makes mobile apps as well (there are others). Just an option for people who want to explore it, not one I am recommending (or not) because of my personal privacy preferences.

@JackQuintI think it is more of an issue for people on smaller device like phones / tablets.. as most desktop browsers has spell check.. heck even on the desktop Lithium interface

Screen Shot 2019-06-24 at 6.29.13 PM.png

JackQuint

You could always use something like Grammarly ... although I personally don't like the privacy implications, but it is an option if you're comfortable with it.

Lar

@MandyJ   soo heres I tught thems "squggly thinge" wear me kumpre posesed ans all time iits tries ta helpin me smell them woords. spellin cheek, what too thinks neext, lol.

have a great evening everyone Smiley LOL

Yea, I was always wondering why the little red squiggly line thingie doesn't show up when I'm typing. Some words I type I know are clearly wrong, but I just can't think of the correct spelling, but on other sites the spell checker shows up right away and usually gives me the right suggestion. Would love that on this site. Not seeing it makes me worried I'm spelling things wrong lol...

@MandyJ yea I've been there myself ha ha

MandyJ

@RossN wrote:

@MandyJ on the bright side it makes us improve our syntax

This is true. I've totally searched up certain words on Google to find the correct spelling. I've even copy and pasted my whole reply into Word on a couple occasions .... "just in case".

@MandyJ on the bright side it makes us improve our syntax

MandyJ

Yea, I was always wondering why the little red squiggly line thingie doesn't show up when I'm typing. Some words I type I know are clearly wrong, but I just can't think of the correct spelling, but on other sites the spell checker shows up right away and usually gives me the right suggestion. Would love that on this site. Not seeing it makes me worried I'm spelling things wrong lol...

@dabr wrote:

@mojorising wrote:

Hey, Public Mobile.

Please! LOL

Yes that would be helpful.  Some need it more often than others:)

Edit: I wasn't referring to @Lieux 🙂

Don’t worry I have my excuse...I’m French!!!Smiley Wink

@mojorising wrote:

Hey, Public Mobile.

Please! LOL

Members always have the option to use a word processing program to check spelling.

Even then, correct spelling does not lead to easily readable sentences.  I wouldn't expect Public Mobile to spend time trying to get this added as a feature.  There are other things with the service that I would hope would get fixed first.  Additionally, Public Mobile is using third-party software for this Community site, and I am unsure of how much control Public Mobile has over the features of it.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@mojorising wrote:

Hey, Public Mobile.

Please! LOL

Yes that would be helpful.  Some need it more often than others:)

Edit: I wasn't referring to @Lieux 🙂

Lar

an spoils alls me funs tried to wread soms topiks, lol

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@mojorising wrote:

Hey, Public Mobile.

Please! LOL

It would be good for me!!!Smiley Wink

Need Help? Let's chat.