cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggession: Filtering on Community Posts

Cheetah24
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi everyone, 

Going through community posts I believe the filtering we have is limited. We can currently search for a keyword or do some basic filtering based on "This Board", "Knowledge Base" etc. 

I think it would be a very nice feature if we could filter the posts by some other basic filters such as posted date, unanswered threads etc. 

What do you guys think? 

Thank you 🙂

7 REPLIES 7

Hey funny... was my specific text in the top example!  I'm almost good at this stuff!

Many extra options are there.

I did another search with the same time frame, but changed the query to be the following:

site:productingcommunity.publicmobile.ca add search filter

It returned only information from the Community

@mimmo

I used this as my search term, to find this thread.

public mobile community add search filter

I turned on the 'TOOLS' button, and selected the time option, choosing past week

I got the following results 

Search results adding TOOLS button options on Google Search engineSearch results adding TOOLS button options on Google Search engine

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@stonechucker wrote:

You can also use your favourite search engine, and add those flags.

I like to use Google 🙂

I like google too, @stonechucker  how do you use google to search the forums for specific threads? 

@Cheetah24it is a great idea however the community is based on lithium forums, as such PM is limited to the features the program offers.  I know once you do a search there are some filters avaialble like location date, author.   and i just learned you can also add modifiers :

You can apply modifiers to the terms you enter in the search field.
Use quotes to search for an "exact phrase".
Use the plus sign to search for +one +or +more +words.
Use the minus sign to -exclude -certain -words from your search.

You can also use your favourite search engine, and add those flags.

I like to use Google 🙂

@jp2 wrote:

You can tell if the thread has an accepted solution by looking at the green check mark. Anything that helps people find the answer faster is a good idea 

This is the other reason for having separate threads. 

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You can tell if the thread has an accepted solution by looking at the green check mark. Anything that helps people find the answer faster is a good idea 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I would have to agree the boards are a bit tough to search.  It doesn't help when individual customers are encouraged to start their own thread.  We could have thousands of "duplicate" threads with different customers asking about the same issue and with slightly different responses.  I believe this structure is encouraged because the moderator team can view the threads much easier if they are tagged. 

It might work better by having a super thread.  By stacking all similar issues together, customers can learn easier from each others experiences on the same issue.  I have never understood the value of tagging a moderator who in turn will ask to go to private messaging right away. 

Need Help? Let's chat.