cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suddenly cannot make or receive calls anymore

blitzter47
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,
I'm in Montreal (QC). Right now, my cell phone can't receive incoming calls neither make outgoing calls (with message saying my plan cannot make long distance) when I was trying to make local calls. If I'm not alone experiencing that problem, so it looks like the bug in Quebec several months ago comes back.

10 REPLIES 10

blitzter47

@Luddite I like that too. But what I meant about the behaviour is when I have no more minutes in my prepaid plan :

1) outgoing calls : a recorded message says you can't make long distance call when you are actually making local call

2) incoming calls : caller has no idea whether the recipient phone service is active or not, because it keeps having ringing tone, with no redirect to voicemail, and not having any recorded message saying "customer is not reachable for the moment" or something like that.

So it's confusing ways to (not) explain or not making aware of a situation to the customer.

@blitzter47 wrote:

Great! It works! Thanks!

It was a quite scary experience for someone who didn't expect such unlogical behaviour from PM system.

It may be confusing but the logic at PM is "if you've not paid for it, or used it all, there is no service". Many like it this way because that means there are never any unexpected overage charges.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@blitzter47  that's good!  This way every month you'll have your 50 minute and after they're used up you'll go in the 500 minutes 

blitzter47

Great! It works! Thanks!

It was a quite scary experience for someone who didn't expect such unlogical behaviour from PM system.

@blitzter47 if that's your plan just login and put 5$ on your account and then go in "purchase add ons" and buy the 5$ 500 minute add on so then you'll have 500 minutes more and they'll roll over every month until used up! 

blitzter47

It's not unlimited calls. I have 50 minutes per 30 days.

But I believe I might reached the limit. If so, does PM charge automatically a rate per minutes, or does PM just stop phone calling feature for the rest of this billing cycle or until I buy more minutes?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@blitzter47  Best to submit a ticket so that PM can investigate and fix the issue.

PMST.png

@blitzter47  can you log in to your self serve account to see if everything looks good?  Are you on a unlimited calls plan? 

blitzter47

Phone rebooted. Still the same problem with calls.

Send/receive text message doesn't have any problem.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@blitzter47 did you restart your phone and try again?  Also check if you can send and receive text

Need Help? Let's chat.