cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student plan PAUSE/DOWNGRADE

priya2000
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My son was on $15 plan. I paused it since Covid started. And I am almost at the 90 days period. He doesn't need the phone at least until Sep. But if I want to retain the number, is there anyway to Pause it for couple more months or downgrade to lowest plan?

17 REPLIES 17

@hairbag1 wrote:

@vondes wrote:

Unfortunately...you'll need to re-up his plan again in order to keep it. Put another $15 on it...then you're good for another 120 days.

Why didn't I think of that !!  😏

@hairbag1   Lol...not even quotation marks 😊

@vondes wrote:

Unfortunately...you'll need to re-up his plan again in order to keep it. Put another $15 on it...then you're good for another 120 days.

Why didn't I think of that !!  😏

vondes

@priya2000 hi there. I have the same problem and I don`t know what to do. I think that it would be better for me to order an essay here CustomWritings.com, but I had to pay my student plan or I lose it. Instead of that I`d rather use professional essay writing service and have the money for writing some papers and satisfy my uni debts. Good luck to everyone in such a situation. If you find the way out, please share it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@priya2000 wrote:

You can remove your card from account and it will automatically pause your account until you pay again before 90 days. 

This is not the case. Removig your payment card does not pause the account. It only prevents payment being charged to it. This means that after disabling automatic payments, service would still continue until at least the next renewal date (or longer if there are sufficient funds in the account balance to renew).

This means that after disabling automatic payments, service could still continue until at least the next renewal date (or longer) if there are sufficient funds in the account balance to renew).

Otherwise yes letting it suspend is the 90 day "pause".

@priya2000 wrote:

You can remove your card from account and it will automatically pause your account until you pay again before 90 days. 

This is not the case. Removig your payment card does not pause the account. It only prevents payment being charged to it. This means that after disabling automatic payments, service would still continue until at least the next renewal date (or longer if there are sufficient funds in the account balance to renew).

priya2000

@helenhelen wrote:

Does reactivating it once every 90 days this mean you only pay $15 once every 3 months, then pause it again? There is unlimited pausing if you pay for at least one month?

@helenhelen  Yes that's exactly what it means but to be on the safe side you should pay around day 85-88 just in case there is an issue and it gives you time to troubleshoot before the plan deactivates otherwise you will lose both your number and account if payment isn't made before 90th day, and would then need to restart anew with new SIM as the old one cannot be reused.

The actual timeline is 120 days after last payment and then 90 days after your plan goes into suspension because of non-payment.

helenhelen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Does reactivating it once every 90 days this mean you only pay $15 once every 3 months, then pause it again? There is unlimited pausing if you pay for at least one month?

helenhelen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Once COVID ends and it is safe to do so, I plan to travel for awhile. I didn't know we could pause our account and keep the number. How do you do this? Is there a fee? Originally I thought I would just have to downgrade to the cheapest plan to keep my #, even if I am not using my phone.

rliu1993

pay for a month

priya2000

Thanks for all the replies. I am clear with the options now. Happy father's day to all the dads here.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@priya2000 nope, the only options you have - to pay 15$  now to keep number for another ~120 days, or leave it and buy a new sim with new number in September.

Anonymous
Not applicable

RossN and hairbag1 are on it. It's what I call a dormant account. Pay for a month every 4 months. (30/120 days)

You pay. You have service (even though not needed) for 30 days. It suspends. You have 90 days to reactivate. 120 days ~4 months

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@priya2000 Hello it’s just my opinion but I would just buy a new Sim in September or whenever he gets back to school it would be cheaper than paying all summer if he is not going to use the phone have a great day Also if he is going to be home on Wi-Fi then he can get a good app like Text Now with his own phone number and he can phone or text his friends all he wants I have it on my phone and it works great

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@priya2 the $15 plan is the lowest one. Your only option is to reactivate it. Once done you should have 119 days to reactivate it again. So, you are good until September.  You may reactivate a suspended account online or by calling 611.
Via your account online
1. If you have already registered, or will first register, a credit card, go to step 2. OR deposit a voucher for at least your plan cost and go to step 3.
2. Go to the payment tab, select single payment and  amount due.
3. Select the reactivate account button.
4. Restart your phone.
or Using 611 to make your payment: ( you need your 4 digit pin to buy an add on)
1. press 1 to make payment
2. press 2 credit card ( or 1 voucher)
3. press 1 amount due.
4. Restart your phone.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@priya2000 wrote:

My son was on $15 plan. I paused it since Covid started. And I am almost at the 90 days period. He doesn't need the phone at least until Sep. But if I want to retain the number, is there anyway to Pause it for couple more months or downgrade to lowest plan?

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@priya2000 hi no sorry either you make a payment on the plan before 89 days  or unfortunately you will loose it permanantly also that is the lowest plan

Need Help? Let's chat.