cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Store put new plan on wrong account

GPaquet
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi

I went to the store yesterday to change my plan to 50$ for 30 days. But the store put the plan on my old number. Now my account shows I have a balance of 13$ and owe 23$ today but how do I get the new plan I just purchased yesterday that got put on my old number. It shows active as of yesterday but that number doesn't work.

Store said they can't do anything. I have to come here for help?

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12

@computergeek541 wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

@GPaquet wrote:

Thanks both of you.

I sent a message to mod team 

@GPaquet  They will get back to you asoon as they can between Monday-Friday 9am-9pm (EDT) and Satuday-Sunday 9AM-7:30PM (EDT). It usually takes up to 48 hours to get a response.

Let us know how it goes

@RobertQc , those hours have been exteneded as of March 11tth to weekdays from 8am to 12am and weekends 8am to 10pm (eastern time).

@computergeek541!! Good news  !!

@RobertQc wrote:

@GPaquet wrote:

Thanks both of you.

@GPaquet  They will get back to you asoon as they can between Monday-Friday 9am-9pm (EDT) and Satuday-Sunday 9AM-7:30PM (EDT). It usually takes up to 48 hours to get a response.

Let us know how it goes

@RobertQc , those hours have been exteneded as of March 11tth to weekdays from 8am to 12am and weekends 8am to 10pm (eastern time).

GPaquet

I forgot to enter my cvc code and it said fraudulent activity and deactivated my account which is why I just went to the store. At the store he put my new plan on my old number which i can't do anything with. It says active on my old number with the new plan. And my current number shows i have a balance 13$ and owe 27$ today.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@GPaquet wrote:

I tried doing it on self serve before going to the store. 

@GPaquet what stopped you from completing it?  I'm just curious.  With Public Mobile being a self-serve brand, it's in your best interest to learn how to use the self-serve tools.  We can try to help you for future reference if you can elaborate.

As @stonechucker noted, the retail partners aren't really supposed to be doing post-sales support like that, and your case is a pretty good example of why it's probably not the best idea to ask them to do that.  They are only supposed to sell you a SIM card and optionally* activate it for you.  You are supposed to be told to come to the community if you need support after the activation.  

* most Walmarts seem to insist on doing the activation in store.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

GPaquet

Thanks Mary. Replied

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @GPaquet,

my colleague has sent you a private message - please view it 🙂

Thanks,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

GPaquet

I tried doing it on self serve before going to the store. 

@GPaquet, why did you ask the store to do it?  You have access to do this right inside the My Account area.  The store actually should not be doing this for you.

@GPaquet wrote:

Thanks both of you.

Monday-Friday 8am-12am (EDT) and Satuday-Sunday 8AM-10PM (EDT) (thanks @computergeek541 
Let us know how it goes

GPaquet

Thanks both of you.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@GPaquet  I suggest sending a message to the moderator team. We are just customers like you so won't be able to help much. If anyone can, its the official public mobile moderator team.  Click this to send them a message.

metropublic
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@GPaquet wrote:

Hi

I went to the store yesterday to change my plan to 50$ for 30 days. But the store put the plan on my old number. Now my account shows I have a balance of 13$ and owe 23$ today but how do I get the new plan I just purchased yesterday that got put on my old number. It shows active as of yesterday but that number doesn't work.

Store said they can't do anything. I have to come here for help?

Thanks

Click here and send a message to the @CS_Agent to see if they can straighten it out for you. The more details you provide the better the chances a moderator will be able to help.

Good Luck!

Need Help? Let's chat.