cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stonewalling

Poorservice
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Being fed up with poor service, I am trying to leave public mobile but after many delays and push off, they refuse to release the number. 
how do I get my number. 

12 REPLIES 12

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Poorservice any updates??

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren

@jonfirlotte wrote:

As others have mentioned, I would file a complaint with the crtc, that definitely sounds illegal.

@jonfirlotte it *sounds* illegal, but we don't know the whole story.  And of course, @Poorservice hasn't replied again to provide more info.  So it's really hard to say for sure.  If I had to guess, I would guess that they didn't realize their account had to be active in order for a number port, OR, they mis-entered info on the port request form at their new provider.  Purely speculation but these are fairly common issues that prevent a port.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

jonfirlotte
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

As others have mentioned, I would file a complaint with the crtc, that definitely sounds illegal.

@Poorservice  Videotron should be able to inform you why the port the is not being completed. Could be a number of reasons. Did you ask them? 

Public can't refuse to release an active phone number. 

But they also cant release a suspended phone number.

If you let your Public service expire before approaching Videotron then you're out of luck. You need to have your Public plan active during the number port process. And now that you've requested a number port the clock might be ticking, could be a 10 or 30 day limit before the number port fails and the number is lost.

You need some overlap between old and new services to port a number, the same CRTC/CCTS Wireless Code applies to all carriers, if anyone should be blamed it's Videotron for making promises instead of asking questions and giving information. 

@Poorservice wrote:

Why is public mobile refusing to release my phone number to a normal company like Videotron against crtc rules. 
As you all know public mobile hides itself and has no way to contact them. 
so I went via Videotron and after multiple delays and excuses they simply refused to release the number. Illegally. 

I'm not sure the details about why your number isn't transfering over to Videotron properly, except that people transfer in an out of Public Mobile all the time. Number porting can be a tricky thing for the customers sometimes, because some of the time, both companies will blame each other.  What I can tell you is that Videotron is the one responsible for getting your phone number transfered over to them.  They should be doing the leg work for you.  As @srlawren was saying, your Public Mobile service must still be active. 

@Poorservice, is your phone number ported in yet?  Maybe your old carrier can pull it back, or refuse the port for you?

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I see srlawren answered in your other thread too:

"@Poorservice is your account suspended?  It has to be active in order for a number port to take place.  If your account is active and they are still refusing for some reason, then you may want to file a complaint with the CCTS. https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/phone/plaint.htm"

I fully agree and I feel something else is going on either with the steps you're trying to follow to port out or the status of your PM account (canceled? Suspended?). If it's active and you're starting this process from the new carrier, you should be good to go. Unless there's a "bad egg" somewhere, PM wouldn't stand in the way.

Also, while I can understand your frustration, a subject like "Stonewalling" doesn't exactly give much indication, at a glance, as to what you're wanting help with.

popping

@Poorservice wrote:

Being fed up with poor service, I am trying to leave public mobile but after many delays and push off, they refuse to release the number. 
how do I get my number. 

Your account status must be active before you can port out your PM number to another provider.  If your account status is expired or suspended, add fund and re-activate your account and port out.

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with moving away from Public Mobile. To be clear, you're trying to port your number out?

To do that, you must initiate the port on the NEW carrier side. Follow their porting process carefully or walk through it with a customer service agent. This is not something that PM does. Keep your PM account active and the number should port to your new account no problem.

srlawren

@Poorservice wrote:

Why is public mobile refusing to release my phone number to a normal company like Videotron against crtc rules. 
so I went via Videotron and after multiple delays and excuses they simply refused to release the number. Illegally. 

@Poorservice is your account suspended?  It has to be active in order for a number port to take place.  If your account is active and they are still refusing for some reason, then you may want to file a complaint with the CCTS. https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/phone/plaint.htm

Poorservice
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Need Help? Let's chat.