cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start Article?

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

I did a bit of searching but I can't see anyone else mention this.

What is this? It's appearing on the bottom of every post since I signed in a few minutes ago.

Start Article.jpg

9 REPLIES 9

@mimmo wrote:

@RobertQc , @Anonymous 

I installed a css browser plugin called "magic css"  (which allows people to add css code to webpages)  added this rule and the button dissapeared.  its a quick solution for if you can;t wait for teh poweres to be to fix it.

a#promoteMessageButton_3 {
display: none;
}

@mimmo 

Good call, when I found out it was nothing I would need I blocked the following

productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca###promoteMessageButton_7

and
productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca##.lia-button.lia-button-secondary.promote-message.lia-link-ticket-post-action

mimm.jpg

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@RobertQc , @Anonymous 

I installed a css browser plugin called "magic css"  (which allows people to add css code to webpages)  added this rule and the button dissapeared.  its a quick solution for if you can;t wait for teh poweres to be to fix it.

.promote-message {
display: none;
}

edit code modification thanks @NDesai 

@Anonymous wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I wrote a quick tirade about it a little earlier after seeing it all day wondering wtf.

I was unable to find, I assume you did not use the words "Start Article".

It was a pointless tirade addressed to no one blindly hoping maybe somebody would stumble across it and tell the powers that be. Alas. What you did was far more effective.

I see it now, when I searched since the title and subject of that thread was something else I did not go that deep. But I did actually click on that thread before making this post oh well. Solution found. Not supposed to be here . Should eventually be gone. Satisfaction complete.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertQc wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I wrote a quick tirade about it a little earlier after seeing it all day wondering wtf.

It was a pointless tirade addressed to no one blindly hoping maybe somebody would stumble across it and tell the powers that be. Alas. What you did was far more effective.

@RobertQc wrote:

I did a bit of searching but I can't see anyone else mention this.

What is this? It's appearing on the bottom of every post since I signed in a few minutes ago.

Start Article.jpg

Previously, the Start Article button was only there for Oracles, and I believe, PM staff and moderators.  it has something to do with creating Knowledge Base articles.   It's my undersatanding that if one if these articles were created, it wouldn't show up in Knowledge Base unless Public Mobile first approved it.

@Anonymous wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

@RobertQc  That button should not be visible for regular community members. It seems like an error which we have reported to the team. 

cc: @David_J 

Understood, thanks.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@RobertQc  That button should not be visible for regular community members. It seems like an error which we have reported to the team. 

cc: @David_J 

Anonymous
Not applicable

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

I tried clicking it, since it even came up on my own post.

But it generated "access denied"

start.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.