cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spoilers

ecowen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Can anyone please tell me how the Spoilers work?

13 REPLIES 13

Aah, thanks @ShawnC13  and @Jb456 . One has to be creating or editing a post for it to show up. And looks like you can write in whatever you want. My box came up blank (didn't default to "Spoilers:") when I clicked the triangle.

AE_Collector

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

If you're on your phone you have to click "Use Desktop Site"

For example I'm on my phone using Chrome. I click the 3 dots on top right of browser and select "use desktop site".

Then when I reply to a post it gives me more options to post.

Screen shot below of what to click and a little box opens to write the spoiler.

Screenshot_20191223_185107.jpg

Spoiler.PNG

Spoiler
Here is a SPOILER

@AE_Collector  

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Spoiler
Spoiler
Testing

Too bad the name "Spoilers" couldn't be edited to say "Click here for List of included International Countries".

I still can't figure how to creat a spoiler. @Anonymous  said to click on "triangle exclamation above this box". I Can't see anything remotely like that anywhere.

AE_Collector

buiya
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Korth wrote:

Spoilers are most useful for isolating and condensing long text passages. To "get to the point" by avoiding endless wall-of-text scrolling. Useful if you want people on mobile devices to actually read what you say on otherwise long, long, long posts.

You can (almost) always figure out local forum syntax by looking at quoted formatting codes in the text editor. 

Was wondering what the point was but this totally makes sense, you spoiled it for me 😛

Monimacaroni
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you for the example. A picture is worth a thousand words! Does that make it a spoiler too ha ha 🤣

Spoilers are most useful for isolating and condensing long text passages. To "get to the point" by avoiding endless wall-of-text scrolling. Useful if you want people on mobile devices to actually read what you say on otherwise long, long, long posts.

You can (almost) always figure out local forum syntax by looking at quoted formatting codes in the text editor. 

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@ecowen wrote:

Can anyone please tell me how the Spoilers work?

Spoilers only hide things. If you want want reveal a surprise, the feature is useful but other times, it could hide information for no good reason.

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Spoilers provide additional details about a certain subject. Click on spoiler link to discover.

Anonymous
Not applicable

And you can create them yourself by clicking on the little triangle exclamation in the row of icons above this box. There's probably a keystroke or quick method but there it is.

Spoiler
this

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Spoiler is just a feature of this forum that allows you to post stuff and have it rolled up into a spoiler so that it is not visible until you click the spoiler box. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

I believe they are just the rules of a contest and contain further details about it.

Need Help? Let's chat.