cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sparse looking Announcements Area this morning. Second Month Free Promo Gone?

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

The final item remaining in the pinned announcements area of the community home screen, the "Second Month Free promotion" announcement has moved on this morning. Going to the actual announcement area it is there still with no indication that it has been expired. I bet it has but....

AE_Collector

74F4EE1C-5169-42A4-9210-09EC74B384DF.jpeg

9 REPLIES 9

@AE_Collector  If i didnt know any better id think my penchant for long posts is starting to rub off on you....and giving me a nice template for defining paragraphs and using contrasting blocks of text and blank space is pleasing to the eye to invite the reader in rather than overwhelm them encouraging the reader to scroll on by.....

Negotiations are not going well in fact there not going at all.....i think there's a hiring freeze going on. With all the back to back promos there's no money left for new hires. Even though a well proof read and edited post would eliminate confusion and in turn community and moderator workloads.

The announcement thread may have been moved to the back room but until I see an expiry date or post I don't view this deal dead yet. But in eight hours....absolutely brass door knob nails!!!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This extension is the best kept secret ever.  Just putting a few words onto an annoucement that is no longer stickied is quite the novel way to market a promotion.  Maybe they are trying something new. 

A year ago promos ended Jan 1 except the referal promo carried on another week or two. Then there was nothing until mid February. So there may be a cooling off period now. 

AE_Collector

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Probably new promos in the pipeline after the post holidays.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

The way i see it is more space for simmering new.:)

I'm for that @Ed404 !

The wording on this promotion became awkward right from the get go. It launched okay but was quickly updated from "$25 and higher plans" to "Any plan" AND it was launched as "Until Dec 23" but quickly extended to "Until Further Notice". These updates should have been edited right into the announcement post in bold red rather than tacked on at top or bottom. I saw instances of us community members doing cut and paste of the promotion details without the changes numerous times. As well, a bold red additional post should have been made in the topic discussion to mark the point the changes happened. Many of us keep coming back to read new posts without going back to the very beginning to read the announcement post again.

All great stuff as usual, we all appreciate these promotions to further our "retirement plans WITH cell service" rather than "Without" but a bit more attention to detail could save so many headaches. @darlicious offered to write or proof copy for them... I wonder where they are in the employment negotiations. 

This promotion available from Dec 20 to midnight eastern Dec 23 is easy to understand and work with. This promotion is available "Until Further Notice" is as well except wouldn't it be nice to know that we would always get at least a 48 or 72 hour notice that the promotion will end. Like we know will be the case with the Dec 20 to 23 promotion. Maybe that would create procrastination on our part? Not on my part, I took advantage of both the Christmas promotions to the best of my ability after warming up with the Black Friday promotions.

AE_Collector

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

When announcements is empty they should add a tumbleweed that rolls across it occasionally Smiley LOL

It isn't listed on the plan page either so maybe it is over

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

...but they never bothered to update it on time. 

Not the first and not the last time this will happen. Having short notices and with no deadline of ending the promo when they launch, this will continue to happen. Not sure what they look at, but my guess is they want to see how popular the deal gets. If it goes viral, they better end it quickly as some of us might know what happened during the fall 2016 ($120/12GB over 90 days) deal. 

Need Help? Let's chat.