cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam voicemails

cbtaylor
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've been getting a ton of spam voicemails from 604-670-2388. The calls go automatically to voicemail so I only see the voicemail notification pop up. It never rings. Perhaps this is because I have the number on my blocked list, but I would rather be able to block this completely. As it is, I have to check and clear my voicemail regularly. If not, it fills up.

The actual message is odd, too. It's just my own name, in my own voice, taken from my voicemail message, followed by a request to enter a PIN.

It comes and goes. I hadn't experienced it for a few weeks, but in the last two days I've had to clear out over 50 such messages from my voicemail. Frustrating!

4 REPLIES 4

@cbtaylorI stand corrected....good thing you have never entered your pin#. Thanks @iPhoneUser for providing the link.

iPhoneUser
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@cbtaylor wrote:

I've been getting a ton of spam voicemails from 604-670-2388. The calls go automatically to voicemail so I only see the voicemail notification pop up. It never rings. Perhaps this is because I have the number on my blocked list, but I would rather be able to block this completely. As it is, I have to check and clear my voicemail regularly. If not, it fills up.

The actual message is odd, too. It's just my own name, in my own voice, taken from my voicemail message, followed by a request to enter a PIN.

It comes and goes. I hadn't experienced it for a few weeks, but in the last two days I've had to clear out over 50 such messages from my voicemail. Frustrating!

Wow this bad. See here. 

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

I described a process to protect your voicemailbox from declined/blocked voicemails in a past post, check it out:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Fun-with-Conditional-Call-forwarding-and-...

In summary, there are three types of 'conditional' call forward that by default all go to your voicemail. One of them is for blocked/declined calls. You can reprogram that one to go to a dead-end or anywhere else in Canada so that blocked and declined calls don't pollute your voicemail, but calls that are merely unanswered, or while your phone is offline will continue to go to voicemail as usual.

My current "safe for work" faves:

• 808 000 0000 - An invalid number in Hawaii's area code.. This number will successfully configure, but since Public Mobile doesn't actually allow call forwarding to US numbers, it will result in a fast-busy to the caller.
  • 416 299 6099 "The number you are calling cannot receive incoming calls." - outgoing only payphone number in Toronto
  • 306 545 8171 "At the customers request, the number you have dialed is equipped for outgoing calls only." - outgoing only payphone number in Regina

Look for the conditional call forwarding settings in your phone, or you can query & set them manually as per the above linked post by dialing the following:

Query conditional busy/decline forward: *#67#

Set conditional busy/decline forward: *67*xxxyyyzzzz#

Reset conditional busy/decline forward back to Public Mobile Default: ##67#

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@cbtaylor 

I wouldn't call this spam calls it sounds like a glitch when you set up your voicemail. You may have to contact the moderators to fix it. Someone else here with more experience on the voicemail system may be able to shed light on it like one of the oracles or possibly @Nezgar or @srlawren .

Need Help? Let's chat.