cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some messages not sent and not received

ReillyWood
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi,

I recently converted 4 phones from TELUS to PM.  Most everything is working well.  

However, on one of the iphones we've had 3 or 4 episodes since converting where some messages are not received on the iphone and some are not delivered to a friend's phone.  Here's the description from my son:

"There's been like 4 or so occasions where XXXX and I have been texting consistently then I don't hear from her for an hour so I message her again and she says she was waiting for me to respond, but I was waiting for her to respond. Only been an issue since the switch to public mobile"

This is on an Iphone connected to PM.  The receiving phone is an LG G4 (don't know which Canadian network it's on but probably not PM).  They've been texting for years with no apparent problems until the iphone switch to PM.  And no other apparent problems that we've seen.  The iphone is running IOS9, if that matters, and APN is "isp.mb.com".

Thanks in advance for any help.

Rob Wood

4 REPLIES 4

ReillyWood

My son tells me he's had this problem agan today.  Some (not all, maybe 1 in 50) of his text messages are not being received by others.  He's confirmed he has SMS turned on.  

Some characteristics that might affect this:

1. he has an iphone 5, he's sending to an LG
  2. he's had his iphone for a couple of years, the LG is new but was acquired before we moved to PM
  3. the iphone is in London, Ont, the LG is in Vancouver, BC (I don't know the carrier)
  4. my son tells me he gets fewer bars in London, Ont at home (1-2 bars) than he used to get under TELUS (3-4 bars), I'm aware they are the same network, though

If anyone has any suggestions we can try, let me know.

Rob Wood

iMessage will always go through to Apple devices; if SMS is not turned on it will fail to other makes. At least this is the setting that cured a neighbour's problem.

Good luck.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

ReillyWood

I'll have my son check but I'm sure he does since he can send text messages, it's just that some of them don't get received, some don't get sent/delivered (though most do).

Rob Wood

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Make sure iMessage has SMS turned on: Settings >> Messages >>>> SMS

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.