cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So why PM keeps pushing their customers to koodo?

zmh1175
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
  • Any1 know the reason? Is PM going to shut down their business? I pay less than 90 dollars every 3 months for 12GB. I really dont want to move. Also 12GB is enough for me. I use less than 2GB every month so why do I need 6GB per month for more money.
8 REPLIES 8

Gwaiiguy

When a parent company offers deals from another brand but same parent i would be hesitant. Businesses are RARLEY in it to save the customer $. One of my many learned life lessons. i freely give out. lol.

And to people who say PM will never offer this or that... all it takes is a real competitor, like any one of the bargain rogers brands, to make an offer and Telus' bargain brands would match it in no time. We just saw this not too long ago (10gb for $60).

/rant:

I personaly think there should be a public inquiry into price fixing on mobile data, case in point: telus can offer 50 gig on a hub for 65$ but because the data goes to my phone the price is 10x!? same towers... why the difference? collusion thats why. thats like going to the gas station and because you only have a 4 cylinder the price is $14. a litre and not the $1.40 a litre that the V-10 in the other lane is paying.

Civic_E
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Lg85wrote:

@mtfolkswrote:

I think @Luddite has nailed it. We won’t be seeing any more awesome deals. They’ll use a price point at PM to lure conpetitor customers over and then target them with occasional migration offers to move them up the value food chain. 

Exactly! I think they are trying to slowly move all their LTE customers to Koodo, leaving only 3G data services to compete with Lucky Mobile and Chatr as those two phone companies only offer 3G data service. 

@Lg85That still does not make sense. PM can take their LTE plans away for new customers, but that does not mean you have move your existing customers with LTE to Koodo. They can still compete with Chatr and Lucky.

Why not let LTE customers join PM, then later make a Koodo offer? All the systems and pricing are already in place. We do both agree PM is here to stay. Robot LOL

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Lg85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@mtfolkswrote:

I think @Luddite has nailed it. We won’t be seeing any more awesome deals. They’ll use a price point at PM to lure conpetitor customers over and then target them with occasional migration offers to move them up the value food chain. 

Exactly! I think they are trying to slowly move all their LTE customers to Koodo, leaving only 3G data services to compete with Lucky Mobile and Chatr as those two phone companies only offer 3G data service. 

mtfolks
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

My view today is that PM will continue just as it is; with the odd price increase of course. It is acting almost as a loss leader for Telus as @s2scotty suggested.

I also think it unlikely 6 gigs for $40 will be offered again; rather, the next targeted group will be LTE accounts at $45-$50/30 days. 

Vociferous complaining does seem to have some effect though; the price increase was rescinded for now and the Koodo offer improved.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

s2scotty

@MoreYummywrote:

They just want to push some customers to koodoo.  who knows why, only the management level would know.  You ask them and let us know. Smiley Happy

CEO of Telus, Darren Entwistle, during an investors/earnings teleconference recently noted that moving customers “up the value chain” from Public through Koodo and Telus is a key strategy for the company.

You'll pay more, and churn less, for something "more valuable."

/S

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

They just want to push some customers to koodoo.  who knows why, only the management level would know.  You ask them and let us know. Smiley Happy

Need Help? Let's chat.