cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So we received 10$ credit? Why?

bilal684
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hello all,

I activated three lines yesterday on the 40$ 4.5GB deal. All three account received 10$ credit, is that a mistake or is it like some kind of welcome package?

Thanks,

12 REPLIES 12

bilal684

Thanks everyone! Clarifies a lot 😁

Marie-Sue
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This is why you received $10 reward on each of them. This is a one time reward for signing up through a referral. Your dad will also be getting $3 of per 30 days for as long as those 3 phones are still active under public mobile. It is one dollar per refered person taken off your bill if you too get people to sign up and give your number as refferal . 🙂 Enjoy! 

And the new member that will be using your number as a refferal will be getting $10 reward for signing up. 

@MacMe wrote:

@bilal684 wrote:

Went on my dad's PM account and haven't seen any 10$ credit on his account. Perhaps it takes a little more time?

It can take up to 72 hours for the credit to appear in his account, but usually it takes about 24 hours.

There will be no $10 credit for the referrer, only the new customer gets it (covers cost of sim).  The number used for the referral will just get $1 per 30 days for each line activated using that number

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

MacMe
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@bilal684 wrote:

Went on my dad's PM account and haven't seen any 10$ credit on his account. Perhaps it takes a little more time?

It can take up to 72 hours for the credit to appear in his account, but usually it takes about 24 hours.

edit: I got confused who was the referrer and who was the referree.  

jjhack84

The Refer a Friend Reward

How does it work?

It’s simple: you will earn $1 every 30 days for each friend you refer to Public Mobile who enters your phone number in the Referral box during activation. Plus, your friend will receive a one-time credit of $10. You’ll continue to earn Rewards on plan renewal dates as long as your friends remain active customers. If you’re on a 90-day plan, this means you’ll earn $3 every 90 days for each friend.

I was mistaken.... my bad!

bilal684

@jjhack84 wrote:

Plus, both the new sign up and the person with the referral get the $10 bonus if I'm not mistaken.

@Dunkman wrote:

@bilal684 wrote:

I activated them myself all three numbers myself and put my dad's number as a referral. 

It is your dad's referral then.  Your dad should get an extra $3 per month ongoing discount unless one of your lines is ported out.  

@jjhack84 wrote:

Plus, both the new sign up and the person with the referral get the $10 bonus if I'm not mistaken.

@Dunkman wrote:

@bilal684 wrote:

I activated them myself all three numbers myself and put my dad's number as a referral. 

It is your dad's referral then.  Your dad should get an extra $3 per month ongoing discount unless one of your lines is ported out.  

Public Mobile changed referral bonus system.  New customer get $10, referral person gets ongoing monthly $1 discount.  

jjhack84

@Dunkman wrote:

@bilal684 wrote:

@bilal684 wrote:

bilal684

jjhack84

There is a friend referral bonus that you get when a friend uses your phone number as s referral when they sign up. That would be my guess.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

Likely referral credit.  Usually within 24 hours.  If you did not put a friend referral number in when you signed up, likely the representative put in his number.  Unexpected $10... good news....  

Need Help? Let's chat.