cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow website page

Mountainmaxman
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

hey guys, I have been helping a lot of people switch over but they, and myself have noticed the  main site is very slow to load and some times on page 1-2 or 2-3 of activationg it hangs that long an error message comes up. What is going on there? are they that busy? or a glitch? we tried in different cities, on data, wife doesn't matter. If it's congestion what is the best time to do this to lessen the errors? thanks

14 REPLIES 14

ShanieBerthelot
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You’re right on that point! It can be frustrating when we try to set up other people. 😕

ShanieBerthelot

Mountainmaxman

im not complaing becaus it's slow, it's causing issues when i set people up, in many cases i have to try a second time, then i get 'sim not valid' meaning it may have went through or partly went through causing even more issues. This is what i am complaining about!

ShanieBerthelot

That’s true I didn’t think about that!

ShanieBerthelot

Yes exactly! I’m fine with that for the price 🙂

@ShanieBerthelotTry the website during off peaks hours.. it is usually better.

@ShanieBerthelot welcome to the club lol not unusual at all small price to pay though

ShanieBerthelot

I was wondering if it was normal too. It is indeed very slow, but for the price we pay for the plans I don’t mind waiting for the website to load. Otherwise we would have to wait longer on the phone with customer services from other companies!

@Mountainmaxman wrote:

I wish a moderator can speak on this, I had one activation get screwed up because it partly went through as you go between the pages the last one lagged and timed out, tried to go back and it said it went through already but it never worked had to get help from a mod at that time 😞

Just an FYI: Our moderators are not allowed to "speak" about any service issues. All PM's announcements only originate from "head office". Hence the community discovers/reports issues before confirmation arrives. Robot Frustrated

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Mountainmaxman  a écrit :

I wish a moderator can speak on this, I had one activation get screwed up because it partly went through as you go between the pages the last one lagged and timed out, tried to go back and it said it went through already but it never worked had to get help from a mod at that time 😞

When something goes wrong with the web site it's a good thing to try again but not to go back. And changing the browser or on incognito mode it's usually helpful.

Mountainmaxman

manujai786
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

YES sometimes the PM website page is slow but it opens after 10 - 15 seconds it is because of crowd in the site

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

I do it in the wee hours in the morning. I know Public Mobile's website goes down for maintence around 1:30EST.. I tend to use the selfserve after it comes back online. Nothing better than a server with minimal memory leaks.

I got a feeling it is not the webserver itself that is slow is Public / Telus backend that is probably the limiting effect.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Mountainmaxman wrote:

hey guys, I have been helping a lot of people switch over but they, and myself have noticed the  main site is very slow to load and some times on page 1-2 or 2-3 of activationg it hangs that long an error message comes up. What is going on there? are they that busy? or a glitch? we tried in different cities, on data, wife doesn't matter. If it's congestion what is the best time to do this to lessen the errors? thanks

It is normal.  I activate my PM plan about 1 years ago,  Yes, it is slow.

Need Help? Let's chat.