cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow responses from mods

Klane
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Alan_K @ I am fed up with the crap service with PM and when you have a problem it takes days to get help... I understand that it's not like other providers where you can call and have your problem fixed right away but at least beef up the mod team so service times are less than an hour instead of days.

Even fizz has live chat ... PM is a sad excuse for a "provider".

29 REPLIES 29

@Klane, I get it, you have an account issue.  What specifically is the account issue that you think you have?  Maybe, just maybe, one of us can help.

Sometimes, we can trick the system.  You should let us help - since you're waiting anyways...

Klane

@CellGirl wrote:

@Klane wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@Klane wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@Roger3 wrote:

My experience is that generally they respond quickly within a day. 

While my experience has been within a day generally too, but during a very busy time with many glitches in the system, it took 2 days for PM to respond and then another 2 days after verification because it was the weekend.  My issue was  already resolved before I heard back so I wasn't concerned, but many people have reported waiting much longer and having their phones without any services.  There needs to be a way for anyone without service to get priority.

1-2 days is unacceptable when I cant use my phone when the fix will take 1-2 mins with every other provider

Sorry to hear you can't use your phone, and generally I agree that PM's response time should be less than two days for anyone without service.  Having said, PM advertises itself as the phone company without phone support, so anyone signing up should be aware.  I wouldn't recommend PM for anyone who doesn't have another phone to fall back on should something crop up with their phone here.  Personally speaking I've been here just over a year and never had an issue where my phone service is not available, so can only imagine how frustrating that must be.  PM probably isn't a good fit for all users, so anyone should assess their usage needs before signing up here.

I see your point, but I dont need a pay for a backup phone and PM, I can just switch to a real provider and enjoy savings and service!!!

@Klane 

While you're still with PM, for some peace of mind..as a free backup in the event of no service, you should install a VoIP app, such as TextNow--gives you free 2-way calling and texting over wifi 🙂

I have text now but I dont have wifi @work or commuting which makes it basically useless.

CellGirl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Klane wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@Klane wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@Roger3 wrote:

While my experience has been within a day generally too, but during a very busy time with many glitches in the system, it took 2 days for PM to respond and then another 2 days after verification because it was the weekend.  My issue was  already resolved before I heard back so I wasn't concerned, but many people have reported waiting much longer and having their phones without any services.  There needs to be a way for anyone without service to get priority.

1-2 days is unacceptable when I cant use my phone when the fix will take 1-2 mins with every other provider

Sorry to hear you can't use your phone, and generally I agree that PM's response time should be less than two days for anyone without service.  Having said, PM advertises itself as the phone company without phone support, so anyone signing up should be aware.  I wouldn't recommend PM for anyone who doesn't have another phone to fall back on should something crop up with their phone here.  Personally speaking I've been here just over a year and never had an issue where my phone service is not available, so can only imagine how frustrating that must be.  PM probably isn't a good fit for all users, so anyone should assess their usage needs before signing up here.

I see your point, but I dont need a pay for a backup phone and PM, I can just switch to a real provider and enjoy savings and service!!!

@Klane 

While you're still with PM, for some peace of mind..as a free backup in the event of no service, you should install a VoIP app, such as TextNow--gives you free 2-way calling and texting over wifi 🙂

Klane

@dabr wrote:

@Klane wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@Roger3 wrote:

Klane

@horsegentler wrote:

Often weaknesses in one way are strengths in another. I'm pretty new here. But with everyone on the community who knows what they're talking about, responses from helpful people come in pretty quick I've noticed. So while not having dedicated staff can be a weakness, I certainly appreciate the community feel (and the potential rewards), and the less expensive service that comes with it.

Maybe eventually Canada won't be the most expensive in the world in terms of cell service!

Nahh our low population density will ensure we always pay the highest rates

Also to clarify, I think the PM community is awesome and very helpful.  The problem is no support is like not having enough life boats on the Titanic, it's not a problem till ya need them and they are not there.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Klane wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@Klane  As you mentioned in your other post, maybe Koodo might be a better option for you.  I hope you hear back soon and get your issue resolved.  Good luck!

Definitely, I would switch now but I already paid PM.

Yes obviously it would make sense to switch shortly before the end of your payment renewal cycle.  Hopefully, you've not prepaid for 90 days though.

Klane

@dabr wrote:

@Klane  As you mentioned in your other post, maybe Koodo might be a better option for you.  I hope you hear back soon and get your issue resolved.  Good luck!

Definitely, I would switch now but I already paid PM.

Klane

@popping wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Klane wrote:

@Alan_K @ I am fed up with the crap service with PM and when you have a problem it takes days to get help... I understand that it's not like other providers where you can call and have your problem fixed right away but at least beef up the mod team so service times are less than an hour instead of days.

Alan_K has a boss. I'm sure he's doing all he can with the resources provided to him. Telus doesn't appear to want to give much of any resources to a low budget outfit and are content to siphon what revenue they can get into their coffers. But I'd rather rates be as low as they can get away with. The rare time service is needed then just have to know to wait.

Now that Public Mobile has grown a ton since the early days, the excuse has worn quite thin that they can't afford to have enough moderators to ensure a 2-4 hour response time rather than 2-4 days.  That said, I don't interact with the moderators that much but when I do, I am serviced quite quickly.  No, I don't have the number to the red phone.

Direct line to the red phone... LOL

Those members, who are on this forum for a while, will know when is the time to send a private message to moderator for help.  When to just ask the question to forum members for help.  With this knowledge, we send private message to moderator as soon as problem shows up.  This will reduce the service outage time to minimum.

Yes, that's me... I sent a message as soon as the problem happened

dabr
Mayor / Maire

Klane

@dabr wrote:

@Klane wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@Roger3 wrote:

PM is great for people with low expectations, my spouse is with a new "Digital" company (Fizz) cheaper plans, all 4G data and voice, Referals and chat support agents... so I pay more and still get ways less.

Klane

@popping wrote:

It is just the expectation subscriber has.

I did my research before jointing PM and I am fine with the 2 - 3 days wait for support before jointing PM 11 months ago.

Those had not done the research what to expect from PM support.  The 2 -3 days wait time is a big surprise to them.

PM is a DIY service similer to the freephoneline DIY VoIP home phone service.

PM subscribers need to know between a locked/unlocked phone and how to setup APN etc.

The freephoneline subscriber need to know what is a locked ATA and how to configure it for the freephoneline VoIp service.

Althrough PM is a DIY service, but you are not DIY.  We are here to help.

Agreed all that is true, and I can do everything need for self serve, config ect... my issue is I need a mod to fix my account on the backend.

Klane

@will13am wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Klane wrote:

Alan_K has a boss. I'm sure he's doing all he can with the resources provided to him. Telus doesn't appear to want to give much of any resources to a low budget outfit and are content to siphon what revenue they can get into their coffers. But I'd rather rates be as low as they can get away with. The rare time service is needed then just have to know to wait.

Now that Public Mobile has grown a ton since the early days, the excuse has worn quite thin that they can't afford to have enough moderators to ensure a 2-4 hour response time rather than 2-4 days.  That said, I don't interact with the moderators that much but when I do, I am serviced quite quickly.  No, I don't have the number to the red phone.

Exactly my point... the excuses dont fly, they need more support. 

Also I know you are smart and should realize that the public here gets shafted and you get priority treatment because of being an Oracle.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Klane wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@Roger3 wrote:

Klane

@dabr wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@Roger3 wrote:

I dunno. Then everybody comes up with their hard luck story. So then the mods have to judge how real the story is.

First come - first served. If it's easy...Next!

I know there's no way to easily verify which user's issue is more urgent.  Luckily it looks like it's been a lot quieter lately.

My point exactly.... I thought service would improve since the service issue have slowed down and I still cant get a response in a day.... I am very frustrated and think it's time to get a new phone, full 4G all the time and real service for a few more $ with Koodo

Klane

@Anonymous wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@Roger3 wrote:

I dunno. Then everybody comes up with their hard luck story. So then the mods have to judge how real the story is.

The solution is simple, a properly sized support team and offer chat support.

Klane

@dabr wrote:

@Roger3 wrote:

Klane

@Anonymous wrote:

@Klane wrote:

Sure he does and I want them both to know the service levels are unacceptable.  If they want more customers or to keep what they have, the support team must grow.  Also being a tier3 carrier is no excuse PM is the ONLY that you cant call or chat with support.

Klane

Unfortunately it's an account issue that requires a mod to fix, the kind that would be done in 2 mins with Chatr.

horsegentler
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Often weaknesses in one way are strengths in another. I'm pretty new here. But with everyone on the community who knows what they're talking about, responses from helpful people come in pretty quick I've noticed. So while not having dedicated staff can be a weakness, I certainly appreciate the community feel (and the potential rewards), and the less expensive service that comes with it.

Maybe eventually Canada won't be the most expensive in the world in terms of cell service!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@will13am wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Klane wrote:

Direct line to the red phone... LOL

Those members, who are on this forum for a while, will know when is the time to send a private message to moderator for help.  When to just ask the question to forum members for help.  With this knowledge, we send private message to moderator as soon as problem shows up.  This will reduce the service outage time to minimum.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

It is just the expectation subscriber has.

I did my research before jointing PM and I am fine with the 2 - 3 days wait for support before jointing PM 11 months ago.

Those had not done the research what to expect from PM support.  The 2 -3 days wait time is a big surprise to them.

PM is a DIY service similer to the freephoneline DIY VoIP home phone service.

PM subscribers need to know between a locked/unlocked phone and how to setup APN etc.

The freephoneline subscriber need to know what is a locked ATA and how to configure it for the freephoneline VoIp service.

Althrough PM is a DIY service, but you are not DIY.  We are here to help.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Klane wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@Roger3 wrote:

I know there's no way to easily verify which user's issue is more urgent.  Luckily it looks like it's been a lot quieter lately.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dabr wrote:

@Roger3 wrote:

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Roger3 wrote:

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Klane wrote:

Roger3

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Klane wrote:

Agree response time should be much better and there seems to be no way to sort out priority issues from minor ones so that they can get priority!

RossN
Mayor / Maire

is there anything we can help you with here?

Need Help? Let's chat.