cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Sim unlock code

@Stonk Actually the Code of conduct (since 2017) says the carrier will unlock the phone for free at customer's request.. that is not equivalent to "Since 2017 in they do not lock phones"

@Stonk wrote:

The phone is an LG g5 it is unlocked so I can use other carriers. The phone was never locked. It is on or was on sasktel.

Since 2017 in they do not lock phones

Re: Sim unlock code

@Stonk wrote:

Tried the sim card in new phone works.

G5 must be locked sasktel 3 call hours on hold still say it's not locked or don't know how to unlock it. Guess try store next or pay online.

Thanks all

It probably is locked. The LG G5 is relatively old now, and I'd say that if it came from Sasktel, it was always locked to them since the very first day.  Sasktel customer service wouldn't know if the phone is unlocked.  How would they know if the phone is asking for the network unlock code?  Tell them you need the network unlock code so that you can use it at a different carrier.  They have to give it to you.

I see a picture of LG G5 on Google and it says Sim network unlock PIN unlock attempt 1 of 10.  That sounds like how you said it shows attempt 4 of 10. That means your phone is locked to Sasktel if it says that.  If they tell you otherwise, they are feeding you false information.