cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim unlock code

Stonk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just got my sim. Put it in the phone it is saying enter sim unlock code.

The phone is unlocked already checked with the network old.

No idea what this is I also cannot register as it's saying enter the 6 digit text can't get text as sim don't work.

I tired the 1234 and the 00000000000000 and the pin I was given now on attempt 4 of 10

11 REPLIES 11

@Stonk wrote:

Tried the sim card in new phone works.

G5 must be locked sasktel 3 call hours on hold still say it's not locked or don't know how to unlock it. Guess try store next or pay online.

Thanks all

It probably is locked. The LG G5 is relatively old now, and I'd say that if it came from Sasktel, it was always locked to them since the very first day.  Sasktel customer service wouldn't know if the phone is unlocked.  How would they know if the phone is asking for the network unlock code?  Tell them you need the network unlock code so that you can use it at a different carrier.  They have to give it to you.

I see a picture of LG G5 on Google and it says Sim network unlock PIN unlock attempt 1 of 10.  That sounds like how you said it shows attempt 4 of 10. That means your phone is locked to Sasktel if it says that.  If they tell you otherwise, they are feeding you false information.

@Stonk Actually the Code of conduct (since 2017) says the carrier will unlock the phone for free at customer's request.. that is not equivalent to "Since 2017 in they do not lock phones"

@Stonk wrote:

The phone is an LG g5 it is unlocked so I can use other carriers. The phone was never locked. It is on or was on sasktel.

Since 2017 in they do not lock phones

@StonkIf you don't want to wait on the phone, just go to eBay (a cursory search is less than $1) or Craigslists and get one of the unlock codes. Is $1 worth 3 hours on the line?

Stonk

Tried the sim card in new phone works.

G5 must be locked sasktel 3 call hours on hold still say it's not locked or don't know how to unlock it. Guess try store next or pay online.

Thanks all

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@Stonk wrote:

Just got my sim. Put it in the phone it is saying enter sim unlock code.

The phone is unlocked already checked with the network old.

No idea what this is I also caonnot register as it's saying enter the 6 digit text can't get text as sim don't work.

I tired the 1234 and the 00000000000000 and the pin I was given now on attempt 4 of 10

Stop guessing. Never guess codes unless you want to lock yourself out or permanently lock your phone.

The sim card PIN is always 1234 unless you change it.  1234 not working means phone is locked to different carrier and phone wasn not wanting SIM PIN.  Public Mobile can't unlock for you. Contact old carrier for unlock code.

You say unlocked because no phones locked since 2017. Did you check  LG G5 are probably locked until you unlock.  Some LG G6 that is newer were locked.

Does it say sim network unlock code?  Your phone locked if it says that.

@Stonk wrote:

It's and LG g5 phone. And the phone is unlocked it was never locked.

@Stonk  First of all do not enter anymore attempts because it's only going to make things worse. Are you using a brand new Public Mobile sim card in that phone or one that already has been activated with a sim lock setup on that card? If it's a new PM card that you just activated then can you put that card in another phone to test it. If yes, and it works it means that your phone is 100% locked and you need to get it unlocked for it to work with Public Mobile.

If it is a PM card with a sim lock setup then you need to ask the moderators for the sim PUK code.

Stonk

It's and LG g5 phone. And the phone is unlocked it was never locked.

Stonk

The phone is an LG g5 it is unlocked so I can use other carriers. The phone was never locked. It is on or was on sasktel.

Since 2017 in they do not lock phones

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Stonk , seems to me the phone is still SIM locked.  What is the source carrier for the phone?  They will provide the unlock code for free. 

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Just wondering if it's a Samsung phone. Which network was the phone on - if it was Telus or Koodo it won't matter if it's locked or not. I'm just trying to figure out which unlock message you're getting. The SIM network unlock PIN, and the SIM card PIN are two different things.

GC

Triguy
Mayor / Maire
Need Help? Let's chat.