cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim swap

Jaryd-Esnlin89
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have been having troubles with my SIM card. I have had no reception for 2 days. Is it anyway possible to keep the same number if I get a new SIM card?

Thanks,

11 REPLIES 11

Jaryd-Esnlin89

Ok thanks for the advice!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jaryd-Esnlin89 wrote:

I haven’t changed any settings. Yes when you call my number you still get my current voicemail. Would that suggest the SIM card is still good and my phone is having issues recognizing the SIM card?

I would say this and your earlier thread indicate a hardware problem.

Jaryd-Esnlin89

I haven’t changed any settings. Yes when you call my number you still get my current voicemail. Would that suggest the SIM card is still good and my phone is having issues recognizing the SIM card?

@Jaryd-Esnlin89 wrote:

I have been having troubles with my SIM card. I have had no reception for 2 days. Is it anyway possible to keep the same number if I get a new SIM card?

Thanks,

I realize that you're only trying to find out if your sim card is the source of the problem.  Sim cards are relatively roboust and unless you're having difficulties with the device not detecting the sim card, swapping sim cards might not fix the issue. 

When people call your number, are they still hearing the specific voicemail greeting that you recorded?  Have you made any adjustments to your phone's network settings?

@Jaryd-Esnlin89 wrote:

I didn’t know that. I’ll get that checked out for sure

@Jaryd-Esnlin89  A good test before swapping sims is if you have access to another phone to test your sim card with. If it works then more than likely a hardware issue with your phone.

Jaryd-Esnlin89

I didn’t know that. I’ll get that checked out for sure

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jaryd-Esnlin89 wrote:

Ok perfect, thank you. I have an iPhone 6

One of those iphones have a notorious antenna problem. Maybe get it checked out at an Apple store before you spend more money on a SIM.

Jaryd-Esnlin89

Ok perfect, thank you. I have an iPhone 6

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Jaryd-Esnlin89 wrote:

Thanks,

@Jaryd-Esnlin89  Yes, just login into your account and choose the Change SIM card option, enter the new sim card number and everything else remains the same.

Edit: Ninjad from above!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jaryd-Esnlin89 wrote:

Thanks,

Changing SIM's is a simple thing in the self-serve.

What make/model/submodel is your phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.