cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card won't work

jblack86
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a Alcatel PIXI 4. It is unlocked. It won't recognize my sim card. What is the problem. I just reactivated my account and put in the new sim online (lost my other phone and sim card).

11 REPLIES 11

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jblack86, You're lucky you were able to remove the SIM.  I suspect that inserting the SIM with a smaller size than needed could get the SIM stuck in the phone.

jblack86

@matbasm wrote:

@jblack86 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@jblack86, what do you mean by the phone won't recognize the SIM card?  Is it not able to read it or the phone is rejecting it as an inactive SIM card?  You mentioned the account has been reactivated.  Is the account status active in the overview page?

It says No sim card - Emergency calls only. Account status online is active.

Any chance the SIM is not inserted correctly/using the wrong size?   ...Sorry, I have to ask...

I was using the wrong size! Thank you.

MEU_21
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@jblack86 wrote:

I have a Alcatel PIXI 4. It is unlocked. It won't recognize my sim card. What is the problem. I just reactivated my account and put in the new sim online (lost my other phone and sim card).

Try adding scotch tape on the underside, cut to fit, and reinsert. Add a couple of more scotch tape layers and try again. If that doesn't work, you may have a defective SIM.

LEGO

@jblack86 Go into your phone settings, click on “About phone” and provide the exact model of your phone, so that we can check if your model is compatible with Public Mobile or not.

Thank you! Woman Happy

matbasm

@jblack86 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@jblack86, what do you mean by the phone won't recognize the SIM card?  Is it not able to read it or the phone is rejecting it as an inactive SIM card?  You mentioned the account has been reactivated.  Is the account status active in the overview page?

Any chance the SIM is not inserted correctly/using the wrong size?   ...Sorry, I have to ask...

jblack86

@matbasm wrote:

@jblack86, Is the PIXI 4 a new phone you are using, or did you use it with your previous SIM card.  From what I can tell on WillMyPhoneWork.net, there are several variants of that model.  Only one of them is fully compatible with Public Mobile.

It must not be compatible that's the only thing I can think of.

jblack86

@matbasm wrote:

@jblack86, Is the PIXI 4 a new phone you are using, or did you use it with your previous SIM card.  From what I can tell on WillMyPhoneWork.net, there are several variants of that model.  Only one of them is fully compatible with Public Mobile.

New pixi 4 i'm using. Retailer said it was compatible.

jblack86

@will13am wrote:

matbasm

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

meocon

I recommend you send a private message to the moderator team and ask them to investigate.  include your account# or phone#, as well as your account PIN (if know) to help speed up the identification process.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message.

You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

How long until a moderator replies?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator?

Need Help? Let's chat.