cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card for potential PM member

deyneko1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi,

Is it normal if I order "additional" SIM card to my address but it is for my friend? I mean I will use it to join my friend to PM.

8 REPLIES 8

benchen5

@deyneko1 wrote:

@benchen5 So, when you ordered second SIM you went to "Order now", then you used e-mail (differ from your account?) and it was OK with your home address (which is in your account too), right?

I mean... is it OK if I will order SIMs time to time to my home adress which of course in my account. I ask this in connection that we have in our accounts only "change SIM card" but not order additional one. And you know that usually SIM cards are not free, for example in Fido I paid 10 CAD and I paid for the SIM in Telus too as I remember.

But in other hand if I will have additional SIM it will more easy to join a person, so you can say, "lets do it right now, I'll help you to choose plan, transfer your number, it will take about 20 minutes" instead of, "ah... do you know their site? At the first go there, then find there a link - Order a SIM..."

@deyneko1It seems like your question was already answered by other helpful people. As long as you don't abuse the luxury of ordering an extra SIM when you need it, I htink you will be fine.

TroyDaBes
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yup. There's no problem on that. I actually have 2 extra sim card in case my parents decided to move to another provider. 

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @deyneko1!

The public mobile shop where you order sim card from is a separate account, where you provide mailing address.  You can use the same email address and home address as your selfserve account. This is not linked to your selfserve account and it needs to be created just for the purpose of ordering sim cards: https://store.publicmobile.ca/

The sim cards are free from Public Mobile, which is a great little perk compared to other companies.  They arrive free of charge via regular mail in 3-7 business days.  You can order 1 sim card per order. But, you can place multiple orders of 1 sim card each.  

So, if you wish to have a few sim cards handy to help sign-up friends to PM, you can go ahead and order a few sim cards right now.  

deyneko1

@benchen5 So, when you ordered second SIM you went to "Order now", then you used e-mail (differ from your account?) and it was OK with your home address (which is in your account too), right?

I mean... is it OK if I will order SIMs time to time to my home adress which of course in my account. I ask this in connection that we have in our accounts only "change SIM card" but not order additional one. And you know that usually SIM cards are not free, for example in Fido I paid 10 CAD and I paid for the SIM in Telus too as I remember.

But in other hand if I will have additional SIM it will more easy to join a person, so you can say, "lets do it right now, I'll help you to choose plan, transfer your number, it will take about 20 minutes" instead of, "ah... do you know their site? At the first go there, then find there a link - Order a SIM..."

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @deyneko1,

Unless policy has changed, only 1 SIM card can be ordered at a time. In other words, if you want 2 cards, 2 separate orders are required.

FYI.

benchen5

@deyneko1 wrote:

Hi,

Is it normal if I order "additional" SIM card to my address but it is for my friend? I mean I will use it to join my friend to PM.

@deyneko1 Yes, I have an extra one for myself just in case I lose my SIM or it is broken somehow. I have also told friends/family about Public Mobile and have helped them switch using the extra SIM.

As said above, you can get an extra sim to give it to someone else or in case you loose/switch your phone. 

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @deyneko1!

Yes, thats fine.  You can order extra sim cards and give away to whoever you want.  

The sim card you receive in mail is not active, and not attached to your account.  

You can use your number during your friend's activation to get referral reward, which is $1 every 30 days or $3 every 90-days depending on the plan you have.  

Need Help? Let's chat.