cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim activation issue

Chanan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi

I used to have a public mobile plan , and then stopped using it and switched to another carrier.

I now want to come back and use my old sim card, but I get an error message when trying to activate the sim, and it says that my account was disabled when I try to log into my old account.

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3

Balanceman
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Yup. A sim is usually disabled once it's modified or canceled.

In this case since you ported out, it's likely no longer good. A new Sim is $5 that puts it in the most affordable Sim in Canada. Only thing is waiting for the Sim to arrive.

Cheers,

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Unfortunately, you cannot use the old sim to activate another account. You will need new sim. 

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

If you transferred you PM number to the new carrier you account has been deleted. Just order a SIM, activate a new account and port-in your number from the current carrier. Give these a look: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/How-do-I-move-my-cell-phone-number-to-...

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/The-Guide-to-Headache-Free-PM-Signup/m...

”Do nots” for port-ins

- do not request the port-in during activation; take a temporary number, log out, confirm all services are active, log back into your account and select Transfer Number under Change Phone Number

- do not use any identifier except your account number EXACTLY as shown on your bill; it is the best item for any port-in request

- do not make any errors in the Authourized User; this must be EXACTLY as it appears on your bill

- do not use your number as the Alternate Number; use someone else's

- do not forget to click "I am authourized ...." BEFORE you entering your number (courtesy imm1304)

- do not cancel your account; that will happen automatically

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.