cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim Card

Surfergrl72
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm looking at getting a newer phone in the near future. I will need a Nano Sim card to replace my Micro Sim one .How do I do this as well as make sure my number doesn't change? Is there a cost associated as well even though I'm a PM customer? Thanks in advance PM Friends 

10 REPLIES 10

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

tp.png

Likely no point looking for a prior SIM card. They can't be reused.

Phone number really has almost nothing to do with the 19 digit serial number of the SIM card. If you had to get a new SIM card you would log into your account and change the old SIM card number to your new SIM card number. Then replace the old SIM card in the phone with the new one and carry on. 

AE_Collector

DanielleMarie
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Surfergrl72 wrote:

I searched for hour's and can't find my orginal Sim card. However if I remember correctly the guy at Walmart kept it after placing my Micro Sim into my phone for me. I will definitely take a look and pray I can just do it myself. Thanks again 

Unless it's super old it likely has the perforations to pop out! 🙂

Surfergrl72

I searched for hour's and can't find my orginal Sim card. However if I remember correctly the guy at Walmart kept it after placing my Micro Sim into my phone for me. I will definitely take a look and pray I can just do it myself. Thanks again 

DanielleMarie

@Surfergrl72 wrote:

Ordering a new Sim card if needed won't effect my current phone number? I don't want to loose my number that I've had for almost 9 year's . Thanks for your help, appreciate it very much .

If you can't pop it out and don't want to cut it out with scissors you can indeed buy a new SIM and change it in your account. It should not change your number.

Surfergrl72

Ordering a new Sim card if needed won't effect my current phone number? I don't want to loose my number that I've had for almost 9 year's . Thanks for your help, appreciate it very much .

DanielleMarie

@Surfergrl72 wrote:

The Nano is smaller than the micro sim card? Thank you, I will take a look later this evening. I appreciate your quick reply. 

Yup, nano is the smallest size. I always keep the parts for the other sizes though too just in case I need to swap phones for whatever reason.

Surfergrl72

The Nano is smaller than the micro sim card? Thank you, I will take a look later this evening. I appreciate your quick reply. 

tsparkle21

Usually, you are able to break the outer part of a sim to fit, but in case you are unable to do that, you may purchase a new sim, log in to your self-serve account and in Overview tab - My Profile section, click on the Change SIM Card link and follow the instructions.

DanielleMarie

@Surfergrl72 wrote:

I'm looking at getting a newer phone in the near future. I will need a Nano Sim card to replace my Micro Sim one .How do I do this as well as make sure my number doesn't change? Is there a cost associated as well even though I'm a PM customer? Thanks in advance PM Friends 

Take a look at your current SIM to see if the nano size can be popped out!

Need Help? Let's chat.