cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim Card order issue

Shahriar1972
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I have ordered a SIM Card with confirmation of payment and order June 2nd, but still I did not receive my SIM Card. does anybody knows whether Public Mobile is a Scam or not? are they taking money online and don't send SIM Card to anybody? I can see many people are having same issue as me.

10 REPLIES 10

amintariq

Hi there,

Due to COVID19 unprecedented time. Canada Post is way behind delivering parcels. It will take longer than usual time before you recieve parcel. Good things come with patience. 🙂 

@SKLIU 

A sim card can't be delivered before it has been ordered.  The moderator going based off of generic informatiom  to track on the Canada Post website using Public Mobile's order number. Unfortunately, this does not always work.

First off, Public Mobile shipments are not always trackable.  Some shipments are sent ny lettermail.  Reference numbers are also generic and could be used by anyone.  Results on the Canada Post webaite do not always mean that those results apply to you.

@SKLIU wrote:

I have similar issues. I made order online on 16th May from Public Mobile website for the SIM, I received email for shipment on 20th May. Until now (17th Jun), I still haven't received my order. 
I even made a second order on 7th  Jun, and received email notification for shipment on 8th June, but never received anything from Public Mobile.
The moderator replied me with the Canada Post link showing my order was delivered on 12th May. How come??? Order received on 12th May before I made order on 16th May online?? 
I'm so disappointed, cross, and frustrated   😞

@SKLIU 

That is frustrating.  What did the moderator further say about the May 16 order?  You will need to continue with your conversation with the moderator.  As for June 7 order, I would suggest waiting another 1 week.  

Here is another source for SIM cards.  Ships from Ontario. Cheaper also.

https://canadiancellsupplies.com/collections/sim-cards

SKLIU

I have similar issues. I made order online on 16th May from Public Mobile website for the SIM, I received email for shipment on 20th May. Until now (17th Jun), I still haven't received my order. 
I even made a second order on 7th  Jun, and received email notification for shipment on 8th June, but never received anything from Public Mobile.
The moderator replied me with the Canada Post link showing my order was delivered on 12th May. How come??? Order received on 12th May before I made order on 16th May online?? 
I'm so disappointed, cross, and frustrated   😞

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Usually it's within a week, but due to covid Canada Post takes a bit longer with everything.

I used to get it by Friday if I order at the beginning of week, the last time though it was full two weeks and I think this will be a standard as long as we have covid issues.

If you don't get it on Friday reach out to moderators

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Shahriar1972 

Confirming to you that Public Mobile is not a scam. You are not the first person that I have heard wondered this with their amazing pricing! lol

Canada Post has had some delayed delivery times. At this point I would say the length of time you have waited is not out of the ordinary. 

If you are close to southwestern ontario you can private message me and Ill drop one off to you. 

Otherwise, youll have to wait another week. And if you still have not received it by then message Public Mobile moderators to ask about the status of your card.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Sometimes youll get a tracking nunber sometimes you will not as well. You can check your confirmation email you received and see if you have a tracking number. 

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@Shahriar1972, if you order online with another third-party website or reseller online, you take your chances on that. If you ordered online with Public Mobile, they do use Canada Post, mentioned that it will take which means 3-7 days. Now stating that they are swamped with issues with Covid19. 

CanadaPost-delay.png

Are you able to look at your order from the Public Mobile confirmation order:

email.png

Make sure the shipping address is correct too! 

@Shahriar1972 wrote:

Hi,

I have ordered a SIM Card with confirmation of payment and order June 2nd, but still I did not receive my SIM Card. does anybody knows whether Public Mobile is a Scam or not? are they taking money online and don't send SIM Card to anybody? I can see many people are having same issue as me.

Public Mobile usually uses Canada Post to ship sim cards. I've experienced this personally with shipments (not from Public Mobile) that are supposed to take about 3 days are taking about 3 to 4 weeks. The good news is that most times, these delays are only a few days long, but that 3 to 4 week delay has happened a few times in the last couple of months to me.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Shahriar1972 give it till the end of the week. if it still hasn't arrived, then contact Moderators. 

Covid19 still has a grasp on things...

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Shahriar1972 

Maybe you can check your order status.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/How-to-track-your-SIM-card-order/m-p/...

It has been 2 weeks, so you probably need to contact moderator.

To contact moderator via 2 methods:

1. Ticketing system - faster response time

Click on the question mark on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  Type: Contact moderator. Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

or

2 Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

Need Help? Let's chat.