cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal but no signal... "Not registered in network"??

deannarvis
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My phone says that I have 2 bars of signal, but when |I try to send a text or make a phone call it tells me that it is not registered on network... 

Please help!!

10 REPLIES 10

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@deannarvis   remember that if you go to the usa, you will not connect to the usa providers.  you will need to manually search for networks agian in order to roam.

gail709
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You are very welcome.  Unfortunately I had to learn that little tip the hard way.  Glad it could help someone else.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Is your account active? 

can you check that the last 4 digits on your sim card match the one in selfserve

Is it the same phone you have been using  or a new one.  iirc unregistered on network can mean the phone is blacklisted.

does the sim work in another phone?  

edit issue solved

@deannarvis You are welcome . Glad that we could help you.  Have a great week .

@deannarvis wrote:

Thank you so much!! This solved my problems!!

deannarvis

Thank you so much!! This solved my problems!!

@deannarvis wrote:

It has been working at my house until like 2 days ago. I couldn't get signal anywhere else...

Is it possible your phone has been blacklisted?

You can check here: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

deannarvis

It has been working at my house until like 2 days ago. I couldn't get signal anywhere else...

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@deannarvis is the signal strength the same everywhere there? Try sending the text from a place where there is more signal strength. 

@deannarvis wrote:

My phone says that I have 2 bars of signal, but when |I try to send a text or make a phone call it tells me that it is not registered on network... 

Please help!!

gail709
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

On your phone go into settings.  Under connections click on your mobile networks.  Check your network operator and see if it is PM.  If not click on network operator and manually set it to PM.  Let us know what happens.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Have you tried to reboot your phone ?  Do you have another phone to swap sim card to see if it works ?

Need Help? Let's chat.