cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal and Data Coverage

tsparkle21
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

This is my second month in PM and so far so good: I find that the signal and data coverage is great and I haven’t really hit any deadspots as of yet. That being said, just out of curiosity, are there areas where signal is weak or non-existent at all in Canada?

8 REPLIES 8

There's lots of places with poor coverage. It depends on where you go.

ACC is not a problem because Bell has extensive indoor sites for that venue. Same with Rogers Centre and most large shopping malls, airports, hospitals, etc.

@darlicious wrote:

@tsparkle21 wrote:

@iliketotalk Lol, I mean if there are known ones, to have them listed in this discussion. I would like to know if for example, I go to ACC for an event, would PM signal be good?

Ohhh...it is a 3g signal so in larger concrete buildings it could be an issue. Just lost it the other day in no frills. Haven't been to an event since switching but I'm sure someone else has....

True for voice calls.

However, it's only 3G data if you force your phone to "3G only" mode. All Public Mobile plans deliver data over the LTE network where possible, it's just throttled to 3Mbps (which all three flanker brands consider "3G speed").

@tsparkle21 wrote:

@iliketotalk Lol, I mean if there are known ones, to have them listed in this discussion. I would like to know if for example, I go to ACC for an event, would PM signal be good?

Ohhh...it is a 3g signal so in larger concrete buildings it could be an issue. Just lost it the other day in no frills. Haven't been to an event since switching but I'm sure someone else has....

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@tsparkle21  this map might help.  

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/coverage

you will notice that its the same map as telus and bell as its all one network.

@tsparkle21 wrote:

Public mobile users the Telus and Bell towers so it will be the biggest network in Canada that you have access to

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

tsparkle21
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Obviously way up north can be an issue where there can be few towers and the big 3 often refuse to put repeaters on them( cost vs amount of customers). Parts if rural nova Scotia are very underserved and mountainous regions have issues especially in the valleys or away from highway corridors.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@tsparkle21 yes I am sure there are, thats why they are always upgrading and adding towers Smiley Happy

Need Help? Let's chat.