cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should i stick with public mobile or telus.

Harvir_K
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi i have 1 line with public that has the $25 talk and text and i have the $60 dollar plan with freedom for $38. I am thinking about combining them both and getting a $60 dollar plan maybe $100 with telus since I will be getting a 30% off. I don't know if i should stick with public and getting a new plan or if i should switch to telus. I use about 6gb of data which i use from my freedom mobile plan.

11 REPLIES 11

zoomzoom87
Give me 5-10 Mbps and low ping, you can colour me happy with the service. Can't complain paying $25/month for 4gb lte.

Grampa
Keep in mind if you are using 6GB per month with Freedom, you will use even more data on the more reliable and faster Telus or Public LTE network unless you are very careful.

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
I personally wouldn't switch.

Harvir_K

This is the plan i was thinking about 

Summary
Due monthly
$105
4 GB
$45
Person 1
Unlimited local calling
$60

But i would be getting a 30% discount so it would be about $75

Michael77
Hi CalvinW,

I am sorry that you are not able get good speeds on the PM network.

I did a speed test on my phone and my download was 150.41 on the PM network. Perhaps there may be an issue with your phone?

Thanks.

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Try and compare with Wow mobile or Quebec Kudoo need little bit of works 

https://www.wowmobile.ca/en/rate-plans/compare/#p4

echf
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

PM's speed test result is at least Koodo level after the network improvement in May.

So I would say you won't notice any difference and is at the same level as Koodo/Telus.

However, if you have a Telus line and you choose PM's 3G speed I think you will be disappointed. It is like driving on a highway vs street. 

The major drawback is still the price+international roaming+customer service.

I am good with PM's self service, but some people don't.

CalvinW
There is nothing appealing about PM anymore. Furthermore, PM always stresses that they offer the same speeds as Telus, but Speedtest results beg to differ.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

how much a month are you spending currently    25+38= 63?

pm offfers

• 3g @18gb/90ays for 156 = $50/6gb/30 days after autopay provicial calling 
  • LTE @18gb/90ays for 225= $73/6gb30 days after autopay
  • add $5 /30 for canadawide

Koodo offers 5gb for $85 and 7gb for $110

I'm not sure telus plans or your reward (community, referals) situation. Assume telus is more costly than kooodo..

if 3g speeds were fine i would choose PM  if LTE then i would need to know the PITA factor of carrying two phones vs the additioal costs  $63  (two phones) vs $73  (PM LTE)

what plan would you be getting a telus?

Michael77
Hi,

It's really hard to give you a good answer without knowing more details. Are you able provide me with the exact plan and cost if you switch to Telus?

Thanks.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle
Telus and PM is the same on coverage. I would say go with wherever you can save your cash. Don't forget to add in PM rewards.

Need Help? Let's chat.