cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I mark one of my own posts as the Solution?

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

For me this is a minor situational ethics question, and my thoughts are outlined below. Feel free to comment. Robot wink

I'm also thinking the penalty for A & C is moving the thread to our Lounge?

SITUATIONANSWER
AThe question was asked to get credit for a Solution.NO
BI discovered the answer by doing more testing before anyone else suggested it.YES
CI knew the answer before posting the question.NO; a subset of A
DThe answer came to me after communing with Canon Fodder.YES; a subset of B
EI realized I knew the answer shortly after posting the question, and before anyone else posted the answer.YES; a subset of D, with an apology
FSomeone else's post triggered the answer for me.YES; a subset of B, with a thank you to that member
GOne of the items in a long list resolved the problem.NO; tag an Oracle to highlight the actual item

BUG? No see'em.BUG? No see'em.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
17 REPLIES 17

@CannonFodder  I think @Luddite  was referring to your Japanese cousin. That's why subliminally you choose "J" as your answer. Don't fool yourself those crazy cranium contraptions really work!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Luddite wrote:

As ii:

CANON FODDER with his disciplesCANON FODDER with his disciples

@Luddite as in: the CANON FODDER, the CANON SON, and the CANON HOLY GHOST.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@CannonFodder wrote:

@Luddite wrote:

@CannonFodder But I love the play on pronunciation in Canon Fodder. You're not actually a canon, are you?

That depends 😉 ..... name your definition of "canon" from the following: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/canon 

As ii:

CANON FODDER with his disciplesCANON FODDER with his disciples

@iPhoneUser wrote:

Whaaaat? I see 2 n’s

Try this. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/cannon%20fodder

Well, I was just fishing to see which definition @Luddite  was referring to.

As for your dictionary definition, that IS the correct one..... back when I first started playing games online, I was playing Quake(yes, the very 1st one!), and since I was gettin' blown away so often, I changed my in-game name to that, since it seemed appropriate, and I've been using it ever since(in different variations, depending on the circumstances), both in games, and on forums.

iPhoneUser
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Luddite wrote:

@CannonFodder But I love the play on pronunciation in Canon Fodder. You're not actually a canon, are you?

That depends 😉 ..... name your definition of "canon" from the following: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/canon 

iPhoneUser
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Luddite wrote:

You might be surprised what it means....Google it. 

@kselmak wrote:

@Luddite 

What happens in the Lounge?

@kselmak Nothing as far as content is concerned, but activated there has no bearing on Community rewards.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CannonFodder wrote:

Last, but certainly not least, if you're gonna use my name in posts and/or pics, at least spell it correctly!!! 🙄 

Maybe he was meaning all the fodder that goes into the canon of Public Mobile lore. 🙂

@kselmak wrote:

@Luddite 

It's the same as Vegas, i.e. what happens in The Lounge, stays in The Lounge! 😉  🤣 

@CannonFodder 😂😂😂😂😂😂

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@Luddite wrote:

For me this is a minor situational ethics question, and my thoughts are outlined below. Feel free to comment. Robot wink

I'm also thinking the penalty for A & C is moving the thread to our Lounge?

SITUATIONANSWER
AThe question was asked to get credit for a Solution.NO
BI discovered the answer by doing more testing before anyone else suggested it.YES
CI knew the answer before posting the question.NO; a subset of A
DThe answer came to me after communing with Canon Fodder.YES; a subset of B
EI realized I knew the answer shortly after posting the question, and before anyone else posted the answer.YES; a subset of D, with an apology
FSomeone else's post triggered the answer for me.YES; a subset of B, with a thank you to that member
GOne of the items in a long list resolved the problem.NO; tag an Oracle to highlight the actual item

BUG? No see'em.BUG? No see'em.

Your chart confused me, so I'll just go with "J"! 😉 

Seriously, though, if you  REALLY want some feedback, as far as I'm concerned, the person that came up with the correct(or best fits the situation) answer should be getting marked as solution, no matter who it is..... if that was you, then mark your own answer as the solution.

Last, but certainly not least, if you're gonna use my name in posts and/or pics, at least spell it correctly!!! 🙄 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@Luddite 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Luddite wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

H. I colluded with another member (either under my control or not) to ask and answer and solve. No. Go directly to jail. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200.

Now that's a tough one to "police". 

I have seen some way too fast answers/solutions to not be some trickery going on.

@Anonymous wrote:

H. I colluded with another member (either under my control or not) to ask and answer and solve. No. Go directly to jail. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200.

Now that's a tough one to "police". 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Need Help? Let's chat.