cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I activate now or wait for new promo

Nsk143
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville
I really want 40 dollars 4gb plan fall one I missed it last year any chances for getting the same promo again or signup for whatever public mobile offering now
22 REPLIES 22

@Babineaup you can future date a plan change, so if a better plan comes around while you are currently in the middle of a plan, you will receive the new plan when your current plan cycle ends.

This also helps with paying once instead of twice, as you will have to pay for your "new" plan if you want to switch if you are in the middle of your "current" plan

Babineaup
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Im not with Freedom Mobile.

Im switchign from Telus and will grab one of the plans that is available right now. If something better comes along in a few months and I'm stuck on the 90 day plan, can I somehow switch over?

If you asking to port from freedom then that promo only valid till 30th June. If yes then who should switch the plan
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

Babineaup
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Id like to switch to Public Mobile, if I'm in the middle of a 90 day and a New better Promo is available, can I switch without having to pay double?

MVP
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@will13am wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I love the Public Mobile service and the 2016 fall promotion.  If I was out shopping for a plan today, I would not go with Public Mobile because I believe the zoomer offering is better. 

Beg to disagree. Flexibility of having your data quota distributed over three months is worth a lot just by itself. And if PM additionally implements early renewal on all plans, the flexibility is gonna square.  

Besides, pricewise, I do not see any advantage of  Zoomer (it is in fact a bit more expensive).

The only  preference for Zommer might be for those folks who somewhat superstitiosly believe that  they need enhanced/traditional customer service. For me, first half-year with PM  has conclusively proven that I do not need it at all, I'm perfectly fine with the online model.

Vickel
Only thing with Zoomer wireless is that its a 2 year term

Mana
Mayor / Maire

@Nsk143 If you don't want to sign up now, then just buy the sim and keep it so that if a promo happens to come, you will be ready to sign up and activate your sim and plan. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Quest wrote:

@mimmo wrote:
The promo is/was there on the second slide of the slider this morning

@mimmo  I hope there is only one zoomer because I couldn't find any sliders.

@Quest this is what i see:

zoomer.png

Quest

@mimmo wrote:

@mimmo  I hope there is only one zoomer because I couldn't find any sliders.

mimmo

Quest

@will13am wrote:

I am going to differ on opinion from my esteemed colleagues here.  No sale, no go.  Loyalty to wallet comes first.  For a few dollars less ($36), you can get a plan with 2 gigs data and 400 Canada wide daytime minutes, text with zoomer mobile (Rogers network).  Read up about it on this shopping forum.  

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/zoomer-wireless-hot-36-zoomer-promo-400min-unlimited-evening-weekend...

@will13am  First of all I thought that people switching to PM because they want nothing to do with any communication done through Phone Centre or Customer Service. Purely on line service.

I actually visited their website and there is no promotion at this moment that would give you so much data for so little. Maybe it was in the past.

They are actually not so much cheaper, at least at this point, than PM. Some tweaks here and there.

PM still have unbeatable USA roaming, anyway.

So don't call it a free phone if it's subsidised via hidden financing.

Free is free when you pay for it via a plan.  Free is only the pint the bartender mistakenly pours when I've already paid my bill.

@mimmo wrote:

@will13am is corrrect the zoomer plan is very enticing especially if you can get the $50 referral.  without it its a $2 difference ($1.50, if you account for PM loyalty after 1 year). you get 400 minutes canada wide, unlimited after 6pm, vs unlimited provincial.  you howerer are stuck in a 2 year contract, but you get a free phone you could sell. sticker price to sticker price its a tough one.  But with the various rewards I currently recieve (community and referrals, i would be ahead sticking with PM)  Also with PM your data is over 90 days vs 1 month.

There is no contract.  There is only the price of the free phone to worry about.  If you leave the phone is no longer free, you have to pay the remainder of the inflated price.  Look at this this way, the reason why anyone would get the plan is that is is deemed a good price for a good product.  So, then why leave mid stride? 

mimmo

@will13am is corrrect the zoomer plan is very enticing especially if you can get the $50 referral.  without it its a $2 difference ($1.50, if you account for PM loyalty after 1 year). you get 400 minutes canada wide, unlimited after 6pm, vs unlimited provincial.  you howerer are stuck in a 2 year contract, but you get a free phone you could sell. sticker price to sticker price its a tough one.  But with the various rewards I currently recieve (community and referrals, i would be ahead sticking with PM)  Also with PM your data is over 90 days vs 1 month.

hopetindall

that's an easy answer @Nsk143

Signup now!

If a promo like that comes back (which most people don't think will happen; but who knows!)

then switch plans at that time.

The important thing is you will get great service at a great price NOW.

Even at regular rates - with its discounts PM is better than anyone else out there (possible exception of some promo rates in QC sometimes).

PHT

@Chaos_Scorpio wrote:

But does Zoomer give rewards for community or auto pay or referal bonus?

I've never paid the full price because of the above. Then in a couple months I will get another buck off for being a year loyal. 

Only mistake I've done was not leaving rogers sooner!

Yes, they have their own form of rewards.  I believe right now, you get $50 to do a referral for each of the two parties involved.  Also, after 6 months there is additional loyalty offerings.  It is well discussed in the RFD thread. 

Don't get me wrong, I love the Public Mobile service and the 2016 fall promotion.  If I was out shopping for a plan today, I would not go with Public Mobile because I believe the zoomer offering is better.  Just calling it the way I see it.  If more than 2 gigs is required, then the Koodo Quebec plans would be my target, although that would take a few steps for us Ontarians. 

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire
I would base it off of where you live and what you currently pay. If you live in Ontario for example. I would suggest signing up now for the 90 day $120 6gb plan ($40 for 2gb). That way you can start to earn rewards

If you live in a province with more regional competition like Manitoba. Koodo has a 5gb/$48 plan. You could go with them

Just weigh the pros and cons based off what you need and what you currently pay. There will be promos down the road, but highly unlikely the $120 12gb plan will come back.

Chaos_Scorpio
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

But does Zoomer give rewards for community or auto pay or referal bonus?

I've never paid the full price because of the above. Then in a couple months I will get another buck off for being a year loyal. 

Only mistake I've done was not leaving rogers sooner!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I am going to differ on opinion from my esteemed colleagues here.  No sale, no go.  Loyalty to wallet comes first.  For a few dollars less ($36), you can get a plan with 2 gigs data and 400 Canada wide daytime minutes, text with zoomer mobile (Rogers network).  Read up about it on this shopping forum.  

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/zoomer-wireless-hot-36-zoomer-promo-400min-unlimited-evening-weekend...

Agreed with ndesai and MIMMO as they mentioned more likely they won't offer fall promo as all other carrier prices are pretty high excluding freedom lol which we don't count in carrier race best bet get 6gb plan for 120 since its a pure prepaid services you won't lose anything if in case pm do offer more attractive to you then you can alway change the plan if you close by your renewal date this way you won't lose already paid days but at the same time you do have a option to set a future date for future plan or promo if public mobile do offer anything interesting
But do sing up so this way you will accumulate some community rewards and loyalty as well
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

mimmo

sign up now that way you can start earning community rewards and putting time in for loyalty rewards.

i agree the $40/2gb 120/6gb is a great plan, not sure anyone else offerng something similar.

but in the end it depends on what you are currently paying, what you are getting an what you want to get vs what PM is offeriing.  if you save even a little $$$ jump aboard.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Highly unlikely they will bring that promo back. I suggest to get on 90 days $120 6GB plan for now and if they launch any promo, you will be able to get it since they don't exclude existing users. 

Need Help? Let's chat.