cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Short changed on data

Lennox
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The data which was included in my old plan that was re-newed Oct. 1 was used all in the same day according to the system, therefore sending me a text that my data was used the same day as the re-newal, WTH 2Gb in less than 24hrs.  

32 REPLIES 32

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Lennox wrote:

Changed my plan because I need the data for work in a remote location

@Lennox wrote:

I don't stream movies, only websites for tools and building materials and facebook updates

@Lennox were you tethered to a computer for this work?

If so, I can see how you could very very easily blow through 2GB in a day.  Most websites these days (on the full web experience-mobile sites are generally lighter) are very heavy with dynamic behaviour (tons of script), animations, embedded videos, high res photos, ads, etc.  These can add up very quickly. 

Also, unless you mark your hotspot as a metered connection in Windows (or presumably MacOS has something similar), the OS thinks you're just connected to a regular WiFi connection, where most people's plans have hundreds of GB available per month or more (even unlimited on some plans), and it may have been downloading OS and app updates as well.  If you're tethering (using your phone as a hot spot), I'd defintiely recommend you mark the connection as metered.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

ahmad1982

All data left from previous month is lost at renewal

The information about being full price when doing an immediate plan change is on the plan change page.  You even get a warning before you confirm.

if you really needed that data for work, you should have added a $30 addon of 1GB of data to try to last the remainder of your cycle, and future dated the plan change.

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If still having an issue it's best to contact a mod. They always solve a data issue. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lennox wrote:

Had to do immediate change because of necessity of needing data for work

Understandable. But no credits on an immediate plan change. It's unfortunate that you weren't aware of that.

Lennox

that's right, just got back to civilization today so l got on here to remedy the problem

@Lennox wrote:

Alright, You can try and plead your case but there is no guarentee. The Mods might show a gesture of goodwill.

To get help with your account, activation, or service?
 Please contact the Community Moderator Team to get help with your account.They are Public Mobile support employees who can help with your issue  

"https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder..."

"https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437"
Click here to send them a private message.

In your message please include:PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue. Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following: Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date amount. How long until they reply?:Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time]. Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received. Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, but can be up to 48 hours. There is no need to send multiple messages.Some good posts/reads: Search PM GUIDE to find some great posts and answers to many common questions

If either response to your particular request leads to the resolution of your issue , please help other community members by marking that post as the solution. Thank You

Lennox

@Lennox wrote:

had 1+1Gb plan, changed to 8 Gb tonight

Was oct 01 your renewal date? If so and you changed the plan today you have lost everything that you paid for on the 01st.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lennox wrote:

There we go. Early plan change.

No. You do not get credited the other remaining part of your old plan when you do an immediate plan change.

Lennox

@Lennox wrote:

And to get a further kick in the nards, I don't get any of the funds paid for the old plan renewal on Oct. 1 credited back to my account

When you renew or change early there is no credit for unused minutes, data or text.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lennox wrote:

And to get a further kick in the nards, I don't get any of the funds paid for the old plan renewal on Oct. 1 credited back to my account

There's a misunderstanding of the system somewhere in here. Nards are not being kicked. Why do you think you would get a credit? Did you do an immediate plan change rather than waiting for the renewal with a future-change?

Lennox

mimmo

@Anonymous wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

What does your photos bed usage history show? There is a great android app called data witness pm that might be able to show more detailed usage

Sorry @mimmo..."photos bed"??

Phones data usage

@Lennox wrote:

I don't know, I done a $65 deposit to my account then got the 8Gb plan so it shows I have a $15 credit

So you are missing 2gb of your 8gb allotment?

It looks like you have the $50 plan so the $15 credit would be right if you had no other credits. autopay, friend referral, etc.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lennox wrote:

I don't know, I done a $65 deposit to my account then got the 8Gb plan so it shows I have a $15 credit

Hold on. Chronology of events needed. First you said 2gb. Now you're saying 8gb.

What did you do and when? Then what happened when?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lennox wrote:

That's exactly what I'm saying, my whole new bucket disappeared in less than 24 hrs

Yeah I think you need to check your device usage. Something in the background.

If the provider were to do that then we'd be hearing about it. Vociferously.

Lennox

@Lennox wrote:

That's exactly what I'm saying, my whole new bucket disappeared in less than 24 hrs

So when you look at your self serve account it does not show data at all? This is normal when data has been used up.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mimmo wrote:

What does your photos bed usage history show? There is a great android app called data witness pm that might be able to show more detailed usage

Sorry @mimmo..."photos bed"??

Lennox

@Lennox wrote:

My old plan gave me 2 Gb of data every billing period

So what do you have now?

Does your payment history show the debit for whatever data plan you have now?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lennox wrote:

I think hairbag1 has it. Or at least one way of interpreting your post. You have a plan with data. You use some of it. Comes time to renew and you haven't used all of it...it resets to your original plan amount. The unused alotment is done and gone and now you have the new "bucket".

If you're saying that you renewed and THEN you lost a bunch of your new bucket then you have something.

Lennox

My old plan gave me 2 Gb of data every billing period

mimmo

@Lennox wrote:

I don't stream movies, only websites for tools and building materials and facebook updates

So you didn't have data but changed on plan renewal to a plan with 2 gb data?

Lennox

Lennox

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Any date that's left over at end of billing period is lost. You start over with new bucket of data each new billing period. Use it or lose it.

Need Help? Let's chat.