cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sex advertisements

JenL
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

bettyx87 is the first and only person on public mobile to advertise sex and private videos. I'm am sick to high hell that people would use this for their perverted extortion. Can someone please tell me what to say to someone who contacts me through public mobile for sex. No means no but I swear to God if people are selling sex on PM I'm not going to be happy!

32 REPLIES 32

carlaspapa
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I really missed some crazy stuff happening here. But i never got one of these messages? That was lucky I guess.

lynnbenwa
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm not saying to never report this stuff.  Just don't do it now, the moderator told me there was a bug and tech people are working to resolve it. That's why it blocked me and it was quite the assel to get it resolved (not even fully resolved yet and it's been a couple of days. I suggest to wait a few days.

JenL

@computergeek541 ugh that would be a big mistake. I've been taught my whole life what to do about stranger danger and how to defend myself against predictors. Sadly, my sons and I were not untouchable. She is only the second person in my history that I remember telling me not to tell. We have a long way to go but I will continue to do my part to keep the peace. 

JenL

@lynnbenwa I reported it immediately! My sons and I have been victims of pedophilia and violence. I take reporting and truth telling very serious! I'm sorry you ran into that problem. I'm tired of people punishing people for standing up for rights. We teach our children if someone bullies you, you tell a teacher orand adult. When we grow up were just supposed to forget that was ingrained in our DNA. Shame on people for victim blaming and making it taboo to discuss the difficult things. 

@lynnbenwa wrote:

Don't report this to the moderators!!!!

I did for a similar message I received and the moderator banned me from the community instead! Apparently there is some bug in the system. Just be careful when you report because it was very annoying to try and get this resolved.

That was clearly a mistake. The person likely thought that you were the one distributing the content.

lynnbenwa
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Don't report this to the moderators!!!!

I did for a similar message I received and the moderator banned me from the community instead! Apparently there is some bug in the system. Just be careful when you report because it was very annoying to try and get this resolved.

momma0178
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I got one yesterday from another user ( assuming a bot)   I just reported it and deleted it.   

JenL

@RachelE yea it's disturbing how the dark web creeps into what are meant to be safe spaces. I'm glad PM has a plan to solve this. 

JenL

@Jeet at least it is contained here and they are working to protect us. I have not gotten any calls or texts. 

@Jeet  PM is aware and working on a solution. You can report it using that option at the bottom left of the message. PM is then asking members to either "ignore" it or delete it.

Jeet
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Screenshot_20191224-232930_Chrome.jpg

Hey I got this private message yesterday.. I got time to see this today. I think so many people have got it with different names. This is not good for PM

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@JenL wrote:

bettyx87 is the first and only person on public mobile to advertise sex and private videos. I'm am sick to high hell that people would use this for their perverted extortion. Can someone please tell me what to say to someone who contacts me through public mobile for sex. No means no but I swear to God if people are selling sex on PM I'm not going to be happy!

Users online showed 800 users at the same time. Most were female names with an initial and 2 numbers in the username. Public is a target of some spam attack.

@RachelE wrote:

Another one of these twits with the creepy private messages. I have never had to deal with this nonsense fom another mobile compant, so this is very disappointing.

I sincerely hope their plans are closed down and they are NOT refunded.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: Hey! 😉
Date: 12-24-2019 05:57 AM

Looking for hook up with a stranger! Ready for any experiments! - http://sexxsecret.com/ (LisaG). I will show you my private photos and videos free...

@RachelE...earlier today, the moderators indicated that they were aware of this unfortunate event and have taken steps to delete the offending posts and close down the offending accounts.

I've been with PM for a couple of years and can say that this is a rare occurance. Not unheard of...but rare. The moderator team is quick to eradicate this trash as quick as it appears.

Try not to dwell too much on it... but have a very Merry Christmas.

RachelE
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Jb456 wrote:

They are aware don't worry.

@Alan_K  wrote this on below thread.

Hi all,

First, hope you're having a great holiday Smiley Happy

Second, on some not so great matters-  thank you for flagging the recent spam issue with us- we identified two IP addresses who have created numerous accounts (almost in the 1000s) to message Community members, at random, links to inappropriate websites. 

I want to reassure you that no private information has been disclosed, and that the only way these individuals were able to contact customers was via Community private message only. 

We have taken action to ban these accounts and mark their content as spam, however we are still looking into whether we can retract or delete private messages from these accounts. The ask right now would be to manually delete these messages. For now, please let the Community know we are monitoring this and having conversations with our partners at Khoros on how to mitigate this. Please continue using the reporting feature to remove this type of content in the regular boards.

We deeply apologize for letting this slip through the cracks.

Thanks,

Alan

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Spam-Virus/m-p/475330#M103096

I am unable to report jenniferM91  for this unsolicited spam  There is no option in the email for this - Unless it is hidden somewhere?

RachelE
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Another one of these twits with the creepy private messages. I have never had to deal with this nonsense fom another mobile compant, so this is very disappointing.

I sincerely hope their plans are closed down and they are NOT refunded.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: Hey! 😉
Date: 12-24-2019 05:57 AM

Looking for hook up with a stranger! Ready for any experiments! - http://sexxsecret.com/ (LisaG). I will show you my private photos and videos free...

@computergeek541  I've never used the one in the "edit" window but did use the report function when I received the first message which sends an "asap" type message to the moderators.

@darlicious wrote:

@Jb456  @Korth  Its unfortunate that option only exists within the community and not in our private messaging.

There is an option within your inbox to report inappropriate private messages. The message needs to get opened. The report function is on the bottom left of the message.

@Jb456  @Korth  Its unfortunate that option only exists within the community and not in our private messaging.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Korth wrote:

Do we have any sort of "report post as spam" function? 

Ya click the 3 dots.

Screenshot_20191224_183514.jpg

Korth
Mayor / Maire

Do we have any sort of "report post as spam" function? 

JenL

@Jb456 thank you kindly, Merry Christmas!

JenL

@hairbag1 will do, thank you! Merry Christmas to you too. 

JenL

@computergeek541  Thank you for the reassurance. I will be extremely happy if that is the only time I see that. I thought I finally found a site to communicate with people who weren't looking for sex. I hope the company PM gets help from has great success. It would be great if all sites had this software. It should be mandatory for instagram not boycotting but enough with the t n a

JenL

@buiya thanks, I have and it is being dealt with immediately. 

JenL

Thank you. I have. They are working on it immediately.

They are aware don't worry.

@Alan_K  wrote this on below thread.

Hi all,

First, hope you're having a great holiday Smiley Happy

Second, on some not so great matters-  thank you for flagging the recent spam issue with us- we identified two IP addresses who have created numerous accounts (almost in the 1000s) to message Community members, at random, links to inappropriate websites. 

I want to reassure you that no private information has been disclosed, and that the only way these individuals were able to contact customers was via Community private message only. 

We have taken action to ban these accounts and mark their content as spam, however we are still looking into whether we can retract or delete private messages from these accounts. The ask right now would be to manually delete these messages. For now, please let the Community know we are monitoring this and having conversations with our partners at Khoros on how to mitigate this. Please continue using the reporting feature to remove this type of content in the regular boards.

We deeply apologize for letting this slip through the cracks.

Thanks,

Alan

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Spam-Virus/m-p/475330#M103096

@buiya wrote:

@JenL wrote:

Ummm I would report this or contact a moderator.

@buiya No need. PM techies are dealing with the problem. But do block any senders by labeling "Ignore" in private messaging.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

iPhoneUser

@JenL wrote:

It is under control. See here. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@JenL...the moderators are aware and are taking steps to curtail those accounts.

It rare to see those kinds of posts here. It is disturbing, but try not to get too upset...that's what the posters want.

Enjoy a Merry Christmas.

iPhoneUser

Need Help? Let's chat.