cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up with Public Mobile

bande
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi ! Am wondering how / what to do to set up account with a used cell phone.I remember having to put info from previous server I was with ( using same phone ) so I wonder how one goes about this if buying someone else’s old phone.

Thanks for any insight !

6 REPLIES 6

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@bande hi if you are porting a number please make sure you leave your old account active until port is complete also when setting up your account it has been suggested to use chrome as your browser in incognito mode for best results, don't forget to ask for a referral if you need one Smiley Happy

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@bande wrote:

Hi ! Am wondering how / what to do to set up account with a used cell phone.I remember having to put info from previous server I was with ( using same phone ) so I wonder how one goes about this if buying someone else’s old phone.

Thanks for any insight !

@bande Who is your previous provider that you want to port your number from?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Make sure the phone is unlocked and compatible with PM. Check willmyphonework.net.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-started

You will need a sim if you don't already have one.  You can purchase it online or the through a retailer.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@bande wrote:

Thanks for any insight !

1.  You need to make sure the phone is unlocked if it was not sold by Tetus/Koodo.

2.  Make sure the phone you are buying is not blacklisted.   https://imei24.com/blacklist_check/

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@bande hi my best advice to you would be to read the get started at the top of page good luckSmiley Happy

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@bandeMake sure your phone is unlocked from the previous provider. You can test by putting in a Public / Telus Mobile SIM if it doesn't complain you are good to go.

Need Help? Let's chat.