cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up a second account

agaskin
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hello Community,

I'm looking to setup another account for my daughter. One questions, should I use my name and date of birth (keep in mind I have an account with PM already).

6 REPLIES 6

agaskin

Thanks all. So my daughter is all setup with a temporary number.

I was able initiate the port of her number from virgin to PM (recieved a successful port message). But then again it displayed for me when I ported my number in but still needed technical support to work.

I'll check in the morning, hopefully her virgin mobile number is working. If not, I'll tag a Mod to help fix it.

Thank you again for the direction, have a great night.

Llyrik
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
I am going to be in the same position shortly but I agree with the above posters. Using your own name for service and issues will be easier with you as the administrator. But definitely use a different email than the one you set up for your original account.

You must use a different email address for the 2nd account; only 1 phone number per account.

Everything else can be the same.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

PhoneSeeker
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I believe that receiving support will be easier if the account is in your name since you will be the one contacting Public Mobile support.

agaskin

Okay thank you. I was more thinking of it being confusing if/when I need support on her account.

Will I still be able to administer the account and recieve support? (sorry for the newb question).

PhoneSeeker
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

To be honest, it doesn't really matter as Public Mobile is prepaid. The birth date is not a required field and doesn't need to be filled out to sign up. Although, If you are porting in a number I would use the phone number's owner's name to prevent any problems in porting. If you are porting in a phone number that's under your name, I would set up the account in your name, then after everything is done and set up, you can go to "edit profile" in the self serve and change the name and contact info to your daughters name and information.

Need Help? Let's chat.