cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service suspended

grazyna
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am with PM  for one month only but already have nothing but problems.  I am on auto pay and payment was taken on my credit card.  For no reason my service is suspended for three days nów. I did't get any support from mediators, they ignore my messages. Does anyone experience the same problems?

7 REPLIES 7

@lexielexie157 wrote:

If the above suggestions don't work I would suggest getting a new sim card and messaging the mods again & providing the sim card # so they can switch it.  

I have been going through the same thing & nothing worked so the mod suggested the new sim card.  I'm just waiting for them to activate the new one & hopefully it will work....

This will not fix a suspended account.  SIMs are not the problem.

grazyna
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Moderator fixed my problem yesterday. Aswering your questions, my phone was not working and incoming calls were going to my voicemail.  Thank you for your tips, I will keep them in mind for future (hopefuly I won't have to use them)

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@grazyna wrote:

I am with PM  for one month only but already have nothing but problems.  I am on auto pay and payment was taken on my credit card.  For no reason my service is suspended for three days nów. I did't get any support from mediators, they ignore my messages. Does anyone experience the same problems?

I noticed on my account and my parents account that the Auto-pay date and the actual renewal date were wrong last time. Just to be safe I prepaid the accounts and now that the renewal has gone by it seems to be in line again. I'm curious if your dates were out of sync too so you inadvertantly let your service lapse and then auto-paid it late. For some reason making a payment on a lapsed/suspended account doesn't always work. The lost/stolen trick or paying an extra $1 like others have suggested usually fixes that though.

The mods take a while, three days is a bit excessive. Part of the reason why they take so long, other than they need to hire more to keep up with all the new subscriptions, is that some people send in a ticket, and if they don't hear back within a few moments they send in another identical ticket and keep doing it until they get a response. This causes extra superfluous tickets to be in the queue and keeps other people from getting served as efficiently. The mod who gets the ticket may not know it was already fixed by someone else and waste time trying to fix it, or even the same mod might not realize it is the same user due to having worked on other tickets in the meantime and start the process all over again. That's the experience I have anyway at a site that I am a mod for anyway. With that said, PM should have a either a prompt telling the user they have another active ticket in the queue already, and ask if they sure they need to submit this one, or maybe a place in queue number so you can at least see your current ticket is getting closer to being processed. Ex. Current ticket XXX. Your Ticket XXX+13, so you know that your ticket isn't lost in the shuffle and will be worked on soon. Or just anything to give the user assurance that their ticket actually made it in, because even two days can feel like an eternity when something you feel you need is broken and you feel like your plight is being ignored.

lexielexie157
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If the above suggestions don't work I would suggest getting a new sim card and messaging the mods again & providing the sim card # so they can switch it.  

I have been going through the same thing & nothing worked so the mod suggested the new sim card.  I'm just waiting for them to activate the new one & hopefully it will work....

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@grazyna wrote:

Did you mean your phone that hadn't worked for three days? If it is the case then

try the lost/stolen trick :
To report your phone stolen. Login to your account. Choose Plans and Add-on tab. Then choose Lost/Stolen Phone tab. Then choose Suspend Service tab. Logout. Wait few minutes. Login in and report your phone found. Restart your phone.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@grazynaAt Public Mobile parlance "suspended" means the self account screen say the plan is suspended but the phone is working.. can you confirm it is your case? ie your phone is still working?

If not, can you try these steps?

1. Put your SIM card in a known working phone and see what happens.
  2. Double check your SIM card # (on the back of your card)'s last 4 digits matches the one that is in your selfserve account (you can find it at change SIM card setting).
  3. What happens when people dial to your number?

and report back your findings?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You can try doing a one time manual payment.  Once paid if it still doesn't reactivate you can try the "lost/stolen" trick or add another manual $1 payment. LOST/ STOLEN TRICK HERE

Need Help? Let's chat.