cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service outages in BC?

NotMe
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

There are some known issues with some carriers in BC but Telus claims they are having any. However, I cannot call certain phone numbers. Some toll-free Canadian numbers and local numbers work but some

toll free or long distance don’t.

http://globalnews.ca/news/6495369/bc-landslides-cell-service-roads/

Calling these from the Kamloops area gives...

‭1 (604) 482-1190‬

1 (888) 267-1609

"2UV2 All circuits are busy"

‭1 (866) 798-0906‬

Call failed

Even called Telus and the agent claimed there are no outages

Anyone else experiencing issues in BC?

8 REPLIES 8

marimacas
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I am in the Cariboo region, but my connection still has some difficulties.

@NotMe 

Isn't just cell interruptions but landline based switches as well. Mostly Bell related but some Rogers services as well. So, you call a land based number from your a TELUS/PM cell phone and that number you call is provided by Bell so you don't get through. Not a TELUS outage / issue.

When Bell and Telus started competing in each other's territory the managed to sign up a lot of business and government customers by undercutting the incumbent. Thus Bell has many of the cities and town governments and other business in BC. I always saw this as a way of each rapidly expanding enough in new territory to remain viable there. Bell and Telus get along well together! Of course I also saw it as a convenient way to undercut unionized workers of each company as well.

AE_Collector 

@birdhall wrote:

Yeah I've been getting this for 2 days now, can't call NBC to activate a new card at 1-800-268-0808. I'd try their local number in Quebec but I don't have a long-distance addon.

I'm not sure which city you're in, and don't have the regular card activation number. I did a search on Google and grabbed a number from a random branch in Montreal. That branch's phone number is 514-334-5510.  I'm sure that if you called them, they can provide you with the a proper card activation phone number.

birdhall
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yeah I've been getting this for 2 days now, can't call NBC to activate a new card at 1-800-268-0808. I'd try their local number in Quebec but I don't have a long-distance addon.

@NotMe wrote:

There are some known issues with some carriers in BC but Telus claims they are having any. However, I cannot call certain phone numbers. Some toll-free Canadian numbers and local numbers work but some

‭1 (604) 482-1190‬

1 (888) 267-1609

‭1 (866) 798-0906‬

Call failed

There might be no outages affecting your Public Mobile account, but if that internet provider phone number and bank is using another provider other than Telus, that could be the cause of you not being able to call. This is speculation of course. 

NotMe

Aware of the landslide and subsequent issue, as per the link to a similar article in my post. Was unclear if Telus was confirmed affected too as the article, other news outlets, and Telus themselves said there were no issues. Clearly they weren't admitting to it, which is what I suspected.

Steve486

A landlide is causing the issues.

follow the link for more info

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/internet-down-1.5449130

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@NotMe wrote:

‭1 (604) 482-1190‬

1 (888) 267-1609

‭1 (866) 798-0906‬

Call failed

Yep, had it yesterday while calling to my friend. Today all is good.

Need Help? Let's chat.