cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service not working until I restart my phone

riversday
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Before I contact the mods, I am hoping someone here has an answer.

I have been having issues this month regarding my PM service. I live in Toronto so I don't think it's related to proximity to the towers. I have been finding that when I leave the subway, there is service connection unless I restart my phone. My boyfriend had the same issue downtown the other day. The other issue being that I was in Costco the yesterday and I couldn't send text messages or make/receive calls until I restarted. My boyfriend who is also on PM had no issues at all when he was right next to me.

Anyone else having spotty service this month? Is it the influx of new customers?

6 REPLIES 6

CuteQ
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had the exact same issue happened 2 times for me. I'm using an iPhone 6.

Did it happen to you again?  

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey @riversday - try taking a look at the below link.

I don't have the same phone as you so it's hard to give exact instructions. I suggest turning off all bands that Telus does not support.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sprint-lg-g3/help/how-to-disable-spark-lte-bands-t3004154

you might want to turn them on again when you travel....

Good luck!

riversday

@ech_786 Thanks, I just did that, let's hope this problem doesn't come up again.

@tvtuner Thanks for the tip, I think I got it forced to find PM, we'll see what happens.

@TheOldVR I am using an LG G3. Any of the items mentioned above will fix it?

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

What kind of phone do you have?

Depending on the OS there is sometimes a setting that causes the phone to go crazy trying to connect to different bands, speeds, etc.

On my windows phone for example I had to manually turn off a set of non-Telus bands to make it smoother in getting connected.

tvtuner

I've seen this problem with one of my old phones when I was on wind.

Check what network operator you have your phone set to.

I think if you have your phone on auto search then it will try go search for a network to lock on to.  However since you're in the subway there's no service to lock on to so after awhile the phone will stop searching to save battery.  The only way to resolve this is to reboot the phone or put it into airplane then take out of airplane mode.

Try putting the fixing the network to publicmobile only.  Maybe that will help.

ech_786
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Try resetting your phone network setting and then see if its going to work.

Need Help? Let's chat.