cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service in NL

shodder26
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just ordered my SIM card. Was wondering if anyone from Newfoundland, Canada has joined up and how transition from telus was 

9 REPLIES 9

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If you were happy with your Telus coverage then you'll be happy with Public Mobile coverage. Welcome aboard!!

GC

Public Mobile is a Telus-owned brand, and as thus, uses the exaxt sane netwotk.  So, there will be no difference when it comes to that if coming as a customer from Telus.  The only differences will be on retail prescense, customer service, and in plans and pricing.

shodder26

Thank you. Does your plan have 3G or 4 lte for data?

shodder26

Creston North,  on the Burin Peninsula

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

When in doubt, this cell tower site is a good resource.

https://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html

GreatCanadian

Forgot to address your question about transitioning from Telus. First of all if you were on Telus then your phone will definitely work with Public Mobile, even if it's locked.

When I transferred from Telus, after I ported my number and finished the activation process, everything worked perfectly less than a minute later.

GC 

GreatCanadian

I am in Newfoundland and service is absolutely fine for me. As stated above it runs off Telus and your service should be as good as Bell or Telus. What part of Newfoundland are you in? 

GC 

bf7

Publicmobile uses the exact same cell towers as telus, service should be exactly the same. As for data, if you get 3G it is slightly slower than LTE, but not noticeable for me. The 3G is actually just throttled LTE rather than true 3G.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Telus is stronger out west but they share towers with Bell. If you were fine with Telus then you'll be fine with Public Mobile (PM). Seeing as how PM belongs to Telus.

Need Help? Let's chat.