cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Canada

erol1961
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was told that for low income people if you check the region you live in apparently public Mobile will help people that live in Barrie with their phone bills or data plans I'm not really sure exactly how it goes if anyone knows anything about it could you please post and let me know more thank you

4 REPLIES 4

Service Canada phone numbers and websites are favourite targets for scammers to spoof. (Government Canada vs Third World Amateurs is apparently always a losing battle.)

if this subsidized phone/internet program is legit then Service Canada will be able to direct you to the correct offices and piles of paperwork.

marimacas
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have never heard or read about a mobile phone related program with Service Canada.

@erol1961 wrote:

I was told that for low income people if you check the region you live in apparently public Mobile will help people that live in Barrie with their phone bills or data plans I'm not really sure exactly how it goes if anyone knows anything about it could you please post and let me know more thank you

I've heard of something similar for internet, but not for cell phone service. I could be wrong, but it's just that I've never read or seen anything relating to discounted cellular service only for lower income earners. Performing a quick search, I found this: https://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/111.nsf/eng/home

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I have never herd of such a program,  not saying that it doesnt exist. 

who told you about it, did you see any literature?  can you post more info/details?

Need Help? Let's chat.