cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server problems with activating new SIM??

viviancheung
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I've been having a lot of problems activating a new sim card tonight. Is something going on with the server? I've tried several times. Most of the time, after choosing plan options, I end up with the following message:

Generic Error

Oh no! 
It looks like something went wrong, but don’t panic.

At other points, forms won't fully form (e.g. the form for selecting a phone number). Please help!

9 REPLIES 9

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@viviancheung,

The moderators will be able to help you. 🙂

viviancheung

Thanks everyone. I've been trying since yesterday night with all of these suggestions with no effect.

@CS_Agent - tried again this morning but still encountering the same problems!

(Also, having issues posting to productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca - connection timeouts? Is this related?)

viviancheung

Thanks everyone. I've been trying since yesterday night with all of these suggestions with no effect.

@CS_Agent - tried again this morning but still encountering the same problems!

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

often switching to the french language can solve  the generic  error issue

Thano9
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Message the staff on the forums - I did it when I was having issues and they replied faster than the web help.

Taekgun

@viviancheung

Another quick option to try is to clear the cache of whichever internet browser you want try....  It's a bit a shot in the dark, has fixed issues for others before.  Best of luck and welcome to PM in advance.

passiveegg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

i believe it may be a problem with your internet or with what search engine you are using. best bet is to use google chrome, the most trust worthy internet engine. 

viviancheung

@Taekgun

Thanks for the recommendations. Unfortunately I've tried both IE and Chrome - both producing the same errors. I'll go ahead and send the Mods a PM, thanks!

Taekgun

@viviancheung

I'm not sure what web browser you are using, but try Internet Explorer (PC) or Safari (Mac) as web browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, and others have caused issues for some when activating in the past.  When I activated, I wasn't able to use Chrome and I kept on getting a similar error to you - Internet Explorer worked for me.

Otherwise you may need the help of the @CS_Agent.  Just send them a Private Message with your phone number and account number (if you got that far), and I'm sure they can get you sorted.  Cheers.

*** I'm glad to help but I'm not a moderator.  Please don't send me your personal information. ***

Need Help? Let's chat.