cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending texts stopped working

Lubutko
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My calling and texting has been shoddy in my condo from the start but I chalked it up to my building/area and since my texts do go through after a couple of tries it didn't bother me and it works perfectly fine when I'm out and about.  But today all of a sudden my texting has stopped, even when I am out.   I seem to be able to receive texts but at a much delayed time.

I can still use my data and can call no problem.  I double checked my APN settings and it matches with the information from http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/How-do-I-set-up-data-APN-on-my-smartph....

I tried using Textra as per another discussion but it didn't solve the problem.

I am using an Elephone P9000.

5 REPLIES 5

Lubutko

I think I was able to fix it.  I took out my micro sd card and put the sim card in the other slot.  Then I re input the smsc number to 16475800172.  This is all after I factory reset the phone.

Will try again with the sim card back in the original slot to see if it's the micro sd card that was messing with it.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Lubutko the fact that you can receive suggests that things are fine on the PM side of the equation.  Usually trying a different texting app or clearing the cache resolves this, at least temporarily.  Odd that it hasn't for you.

Have you tried googling to see if this is a known/common issue on your model of phone?

If you can't find another resolution, the next thing to try is probably to back up all your important data (any that isn't already sync'd to a cloud service), and performing a factory reset on your device.  😞

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Lubutko

Just reconfirmed today that I can in fact receive texts but can't send them for some reason.  Data and calling also are still working no problem

Lubutko

I cleared it and rebooted my phone and neither worked.

I also turned off my phone, took out the sim, waited a couple min and turned it back on with the sim and I still can't send text.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Try clearing text history and rebooting your phone. Others may have a better suggestion. 

Let us know if find out what fixes the problem.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.