cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Self Serve & Community - Reason to have two different accounts

Is there a reason to have two different accounts to access Self Serve portal and Community portal ?
Why can't we have them linked to single account/credential ?

Excuse me for my ignorance if I am missing any fundamentals.

Oracle

Re: Self Serve & Community - Reason to have two different accounts

It is because the community is hosted by a third party carrier. In other words, it is out sourced. They might be able to link our accounts directly, but we don't want them to due to a privacy issue. The one thing that links our account is the email address, so make sure to have the same email on both accounts. 

I am not a mod. Do not send me private message with your personal info.

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

Highlighted
Oracle

@raknahss wrote:

Is there a reason to have two different accounts to access Self Serve portal and Community portal ?
Why can't we have them linked to single account/credential ?

Excuse me for my ignorance if I am missing any fundamentals.

Some people create a community account to find out about PM before they become a customer (not enough in my mind) and some don't become customers.  We also have people who are no longer a PM customer but still participate in the community.  Those are just two reasons to have to seperate accounts for the two different places.

ETA @NDesai lol I totally didn't even think of the 3rd party aspect.  I know it but didn't consider it lol

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Oracle

Another reason is some people manage multiple accounts from one community account. 

Mayor / Maire

@mimmo_L wrote:

Another reason is some people manage multiple accounts from one community account. 

But you'll only earn community rewards in the email-linked account.

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@z10user4 wrote:

@mimmo_L wrote:

Are you saying that we can have one community account for each PM account?

I thought that one cannot have more than one community account.  When I contact moderator for my other account, I just include the account and phone # for my other accounts.

Oracle

@z10user4 wrote:

@mimmo_L wrote:

I have no problems with that. I guess I could make accounts for all the various self serve accounts and login to them and participate, but too much hastle, and it could also look like I'm tryi g to game the system. 

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

According to the anoucement, they are building a new support system, lets see how it works when its here 

Mayor / Maire

@popping wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

@mimmo_L wrote:

I thought that one cannot have more than one community account.  When I contact moderator for my other account, I just include the account and phone # for my other accounts.

Of course you're "entitled" to...it's a separate paid account. But as mimmo_L said, you would want to be aware of posting here so as to not raise suspicion of gaming the system.

You just need a unique email address for each side.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@z10user4 wrote:

@popping wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

@mimmo_L wrote:

Of course you're "entitled" to...it's a separate paid account. But as mimmo_L said, you would want to be aware of posting here so as to not raise suspicion of gaming the system.

You just need a unique email address for each side.

I'm sure they have something in place to help prevent that kind of fraud. They track who gave you a Bravo, and I'm sure if Psygineer2 started Bravoing everything I said, even if it was just a blank post that some red flag would go off. Maybe if I was creative and used Spygineer no one would be the wiser. [evil laugh]