Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selecting a new number

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi 

I understand that I can only change my number once every 30 days

When I signed up a friend recently, when it came time to select a number, at some point I remember there was an option to search for a number based on the last 4 digits with the idea that any positve search results the number was availble to be assigned. I never took advantage of that option.

Now when I go back into self-serve, I cannot see any option to search for a number and choose it, I can only see the standard list of 5 possible numbers. Is there a way to search for a number if you are an existing customer? (This is the main question for this post)

I wrote a private message to the Moderator Team on this and she replied back indicating that I can search in self-serve but she didn't indicate how. She told me that my number is available, but I have to wait 2 weeks because I accidentally changed my orig number to a new random number while trying to search for this new number that I wanted.  

8 REPLIES 8

I recall that the selection of the last four digits is only available upon initial setup of a new number.  Existing accounts do not have the ability to enter a specific 4 digits, but are presented only a list of open numbers.

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Well, I have replied to the Mods asking how to search, as she indicated was possible. She also implied that they could do the number change to the selected number once my 30 day wait period was over.

@Anonymous wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

I just went in to go through the process on my phone then on the computer as I couldn't see this option anymore either?  What is really strange is like you I could only see the 5 or six numbers listed and couldn't even click fro more numbers to appear as I have been able to in the past.  Not sure why it is different now.

Maybe it has changed but also maybe it's for a new sign-up NOT porting. When I did that back in May I could scroll through many "pages" of numbers. Now, like you, I only see one list.

This wouldn't be porting.  I went through the process just a little while ago and was able to search for numbers or at least get a longer list of number.  Like @mimmo I wonder if a recent update has changed this option

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I wonder if they have changed it for new activations as well,? Maybe the recent system updates?  Maybe if we want to select specific numberes we need move to koodo? 🙂 

@ShawnC13 wrote: 

I just went in to go through the process on my phone then on the computer as I couldn't see this option anymore either?  What is really strange is like you I could only see the 5 or six numbers listed and couldn't even click fro more numbers to appear as I have been able to in the past.  Not sure why it is different now.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShawnC13 wrote:

Maybe it has changed but also maybe it's for a new sign-up NOT porting. When I did that back in May I could scroll through many "pages" of numbers. Now, like you, I only see one list.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@smp99 wrote:

Hi 

I understand that I can only change my number once every 30 days

When I signed up a friend recently, when it came time to select a number, at some point I remember there was an option to search for a number based on the last 4 digits with the idea that any positve search results the number was availble to be assigned. I never took advantage of that option.

Now when I go back into self-serve, I cannot see any option to search for a number and choose it, I can only see the standard list of 5 possible numbers. Is there a way to search for a number if you are an existing customer? (This is the main question for this post)

I wrote a private message to the Moderator Team on this and she replied back indicating that I can search in self-serve but she didn't indicate how. She told me that my number is available, but I have to wait 2 weeks because I accidentally changed my orig number to a new random number while trying to search for this new number that I wanted.  

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I just tried the number change option and it only give you the 4 random generated numbers based on calling area.  No option to choose last digits.

You will probably need to ask mods to do it for you.  If they dont Another option is buy a kooodo sim get the number then port into pm account or get a new pm sim/account and use that (depending on your plan, referals etc) this is assuming of course the number is in the pool of available numbers

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@smp99, what you see is what you get in terms of options on getting a new number.  Given that moderator team interactions are via private message, it is doubtful that they may assist practically on number selection. 

Need Help? Let's chat.