cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Secrets of Public Mobile

Hello fellow customers! I tried to find a forum based on secret tips that only long-time customers of Public Mobile know about, and couldn’t find one. So, I wanted to ask: what are your absolute best tips, sweet tricks, and amazing secrets about Public Mobile that can help newbies enjoy being a customer even more so?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Secrets of Public Mobile

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@swingdummy , there's really no secrets about this service.  Check out the get started section and plans.  Look through a few articles to see what people were having issues with.  Decide whether this is for you or not.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@swingdummy 🤔 my three best ones are Read ,Learn,Listen 

Highlighted

Based on the first few responses, perhaps I should clarify my post. With anything in life, we often have an Eureka! moment where we say something along these lines: ‘I wish I would have known about this sooner! Why didn’t anyone tell me?’ So, I would like to encourage very simple posts in this thread with your best tricks, tips, and secrets about being a Public Mobile customer. I know that there must be some out there that us newbies would love to hear about. Post on!

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@swingdummy 

Here are a few secrets/advice for new members:

1. Lost/stolen phone trick or manually load $1 trick to restart accounts

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/SOLUTION-My-plan-has-enough-f...

2. Autopay sometimes fails and your service gets disrupted.  Some members will manually load enough funds a few days before payment date to prevent this issue.

3. Besides autopay rewards and loyalty rewards, the best way to lower bills is to slowly get friend referrals ($1/month discount for each friend).  

4. While in United States, PM customers usually will stilll get incoming texts without a US roaming package. Other features of the phone ie. talk and data will not work without 10 day roaming package.  

5.  If thinking about porting over to Public mobile and not in a rush, wait for some special promotions before joing PM.  Ie. 2nd month free promo, free SIM card, etc.   These promotions are time limited deals. Also, a good time to convince friends to join PM. 

6. At the present time (due to Covid), if you need data add ons, the price is $15 for 1 GB data add on (sale price).  Regular price is $30 for 1 GB.  If on $15 plan, this is a good add on to have. 

Highlighted

Nice! You are picking up what I’m paying down! We need more posts like this. Post on! Post on!

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@swingdummy 

You can change your phone number area code to another province or territories for lower taxes on your phone plan. (From what I understand you need to have just to be safe an address on file on self serve account in new place of mods check and your payment method at same address. CC bills can just go electronic or prepay cards like KOHO.)

Also if you have a KOHO card you get 2% on it because it’s a “featured” partner of it. And you automatically get .5% on it on every card for non partnerd so really 2.5% for public mobile. Every cent and dollar counts.

Or if you buy vouchers (in Alberta) or online vouchers from retailers in Alberta or the territories you only pay 5% tax that way as well 

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@swingdummy I'm not sure that you'd want to be discussing secrets unless you'd want them patched up more quickly.